Changing between DAWs/Programs

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
I recently got myself Reason 4.0 after being a Fruityloops user for the past year and I was wondering if anyone has gone through this same sort of switch over before? If so, what should I be expecting in terms of familiarising myself with the new program and is there anything similar that I can use to help myself with the new program?

I also know that Reason can be used through/in conjuntion with FL Studio somehow. How do I do this?

Any advice on switching to Reason would be mega helpful.

Nice one.

why regress....?
at least in fruity you
can load vsts and vstis...
and you can import audio
directly into the sequencer...
reason can be very limiting....

Im not changing completely. I'm going to use both. I've just been having a play about on a mates version of Reason and the stuff that I came up with/he came up with is noticabl better than the stuff I've been making on FL. I just want another set of Music Production software knowledge under my belt really too.

Im not sure how you run the two together with FL as I havnt used it recently, but with most other programs reason usualy appears alongside your plugins, and when loaded up your given a list of channels from the interface at the top of the rack in reason. You can route your different instruments in reason to the different outputs (theres around 64) and then load each onto a seperate channel in your sequencer, or you can just use the reason mixer still, and take the main output from that and patch it over in the same way.

theres a tutorial somewhere for rewiring reason into fruity, it's what i do.. google is your friend :)

Rewiring reason is really useful, I do it with Ableton Live, I'm not sure how to do it with Fruity as I've never used it and the rewire tutorials don't include fruity:

http://www.propellerheads.se/substance/rewirehelp/

But maybe if you read through some of them then it may give you some tips on how to do it with fruity. On live, you either route an Audio or Midi channel in the mixer to the specific reason module or instrument

Or you could export the file as a MIDI files then load it into reason so you'd have all the data of a song, but none of the sounds you had before

cant remember exactly how to rewire reason to fl, but it says in the help file. goes something like this though:

open fl
open reason
open fl rewire plugin
set up options in fl rewire plugin for inputs to fl, midi channels to reason, etc.

Use reason as a big instrument. Make a cool bassline or make use of the rex player for drum breaks. SAve what you make as a wav file in the folders you use for fruity. Use fruity to arrange the track on its drag and drop part of the sequencer screen. Works well.

Back
Top Bottom