Chan Chan remix ... salsa n bass

Oria

the initial idea that started this project off was a bit of fun as the wife loves the salsa beats so whilst i get exposed i don't feel much of it, anyway I really got into this 'remix' !!

http://soundcloud.com/oria/chan-chan-oria-remix/

Struggling to get the mixdown sorted, sounds alright on some speakers/cans, snare heavy on others, bass light on some, just right on others - any ideas/thoughts from other ears appreciated ?!!

I'm on it.

Intro sounds very good, plus I love the original work. At some points the tamburine/think you bring in sounds off beat with the chan chan. I have a similiar problem with a remix I've been working on, I've though about importing it to Ableton Live lite that I've gotten from some hardware acquisition and warping it to suit, then trying again.

When it drops, the pauses in the sample kinda take away from the salsa feel. There would be much room for using other sounds apart from the remix material in this one, like harmonica sounds, trumpet samples etc, so you wouldn't have to rely so much on the original tune.

Mixdown is quite ok, maybe some more level on the main hits of the drums is needed but not much.

cheers kama ! I`m sure i`m not alone in listening so much to something that the obvious gets missed ! So i will have a listen out for the tambourine you mention, i think i know which you mean and where. As far as the pauses in the sample go 'once dropped' can I (cheekily) ask you which sample and/or mm:ss you mean ?

Where that soundcloud clip ends, the next half of the tune includes a trumpet solo, then a guitar solo lifted from the original and finally a breakdown back into half-time for the outro, just trying to smooth that all out at the moment and debating if there should be a guitar vs trumpet 'duel' ...

Original is a tune though ... feel a bit naughty ripping it to shreds hehe

cheers Woodz12 & kama ... made a few changes on the first half ref tambourine and the vibe losing in/out sample ... i think is sounding a touch tighter than before

nicee man! real jamming feel to this..
the tambourine and perc has got a great groove to it, im listening on cans atm n bass sounds pretty good,
i was tryna hear out for the tambourine mistimes but then i read u updated it lol..sounds good to me!

cheers guys, appreciate you listening in, and the kind words. Have done all i can with it. I have laid out a full length version, if you like the clip then PM me for the full wav ! Best start an original project now !!

Back
Top Bottom