certain synths not sounding the same on all formats

pitts

VIP Junglist
Hi

i am having an issue where i am struggling to get certin ounds to sound the same as they when i play through laptop, mixer/amp/speakers/sub, headphones used for mixing and headphones used for listening to mp3 player.

ive had this problem with a lot of stuff i have been doing and certain stuff i just have never been able to do it with.

is this something i will conquer as i get better at synthesis/equing/compresion?

is it due to certain platforms not having the same bandwidth?

when i am producing i play through mixer/amp/speakers/sub and the general problem is when i am playing the song through headphones i use for mp3 player and certain sounds, sound completely different and utter shite

thanks in advance for any help

thats a mixdown issue, for me normally the sub bass and kick disappear with the snare and vox and squarky noises completely taking over the song when i play it on clock radio speakers or coke can generic pc speakers etc. i find its about balancing the volume, eqiing, and getting harmonics on the lower elements so they cut through on any system. easier said than done of course.

damn right logikz.....

i made a track which sounded wicked on a system that can handle bass, but play it on my phone or even ipod headphones n it sound shit...oh why cant life be simple! lol

I noticed that when I play a few of my tunz in the system they sound semi-decent quality. But bang goes the bass when i listen to them in the car. I'll definitely have to check my eq's.

yep depends a lot on your gear as well, i've noticed that after buying decent headphones i don't have this problem anymore really, if i make it sounding the way i want it to, and then listen to it on other systems it's just about right, needs some minor tweaking here and there... or maybe i just "understand" these phones so well, not sure ;P

yeah definitely...i was using standard shitty speakers from argos at first...lol i wasnt serious back then....but my sounds were all over the shop on different speakers.
now i got hd-25's, not the best but good enough for me....synths sounding much more how i want it to on most systems, but experience also helps.

the track i was on about b4 was because i was creating new sounds which i wasnt used to making...therefore not being experienced enough in mixing these sounds in my project properly.

what kind of mp3 do you have? My iPod Touch(s) can play back pretty decent quality files; but finding high quality mp3s are a different story.

Also what kinda ear-buds do you prefer?

Back
Top Bottom