Ceej - Momentum Mix Entry

gilmertthecat

Ceej
VIP Junglist
Basically had a go for the residency competition at Momentum, didn't get it but here's my attempt, enjoy! Admittedly a bit sloppy at points...

Any feedback would be good.

http://soundcloud.com/gilmertthecat/momentum-mix

Spor – Kingdom [LIFTED MUSIC]
>> Xample feat. Crystal Clear – Heaven and Hell [RAM RECORDS]
Audio – Control Freak [BAD TASTE RECORDINGS]
>> Digital – Deadline [31 RECORDS]
Body n Soul vs. Fourward – Authority [VIRUS RECORDINGS]
>> Ram Trilogy – Titan [RAM RECORDS]
Phace – Strange Science [SHOGUN AUDIO]
Fierce & Break – Hooligan [QUARANTINE RECORDINGS]
Jubei – Project 1 (feat. S.P.Y.) [METALHEADZ]
Rockwell – Full Circle [SHOGUN AUDIO]
Smash Bros. – Technofear [COLD BLOODED RECORDINGS]
The Funktion – Stand Your Ground [RUN DNB]
Total Science & S.P.Y feat. Riya – Testimony [CLEARSKYZ RECORDINGS]
The Funktion – Gyrator [RUN DNB]
Icicle – Minimal Funk [SHOGUN AUDIO]
Photek – Sidewinder (Infiltrata & Hochi Remix) [PHOTEK PRODUCTIONS]
>> Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce – Alien Girl [PROTOTYPE RECORDINGS]
Apex – In Motion [LIFTED MUSIC]
Break – Bass Face [RUN DNB]
Digital & Outrage – Final Demand (S.P.Y. Remix) [FUNCTION RECORDS]
Nymfo - Matchstick [COMMERCIAL SUICIDE]
Total Science & S.P.Y - Jericho [CLEARSKYZ RECORDINGS]
Ulterior Motive - Glued [SUBTITLES MUSIC]
The Funktion – Direct Order [RUN DNB]
S.P.Y. – Loneliness [C.I.A. RECORDINGS]
Noisia – Deception [RAM RECORDS]
Subterra – Steppaholic [FREQUENCY RECORDINGS]
Total Science & S.P.Y – Gangsta [SHOGUN AUDIO]
>> Outrage – Make Or Break [BACKLASH RECORDS]

Last edited:
easy man it was a good mix bro, the selection is top notch some quality tunes in there..

beatmatching was generally good but a bit sloppy in places like you said

I thought heaven & hell came in a bit mental as a double drop.. could just be an EQ issue.. thought control freak stayed up too long.. especially for at the start of a mix where you need to keep the attention of your audience.. Titan could have worked as a tease but never stayed in sync for long enough so a bit messy same with the alien girl tease (+EQ issues).. thought the 'full circle' and 'technofear' mix didnt work at all sorry, full circles quite a minimal tune and technofears a heavy tune so there was too much contrast same with minimal funk & sidewinder

but like I said the tune selection was great just needs tidying up

Sorry if you feel like Ive slated you! But you may aswell get some constructive critism rather than I just say 'good mix' I like critism so I can take it on board and improve

feel free to listen to one of my mixes and slate me (y) :D

easy man it was a good mix bro, the selection is top notch some quality tunes in there..

beatmatching was generally good but a bit sloppy in places like you said

I thought heaven & hell came in a bit mental as a double drop.. could just be an EQ issue.. thought control freak stayed up too long.. especially for at the start of a mix where you need to keep the attention of your audience.. Titan could have worked as a tease but never stayed in sync for long enough so a bit messy same with the alien girl tease (+EQ issues).. thought the 'full circle' and 'technofear' mix didnt work at all sorry, full circles quite a minimal tune and technofears a heavy tune so there was too much contrast same with minimal funk & sidewinder

but like I said the tune selection was great just needs tidying up

Sorry if you feel like Ive slated you! But you may aswell get some constructive critism rather than I just say 'good mix' I like critism so I can take it on board and improve

feel free to listen to one of my mixes and slate me (y) :D

I agree with the majority of what you've said here to be honest. Kind of wanted a mental double drop, but there you go.

The mixing of minimal tunes with non-minimal tunes was a bit of a risk, and obviously not to everyone's taste, I was mainly just trying to use that big bass surge in Full Circle to make Technofear a bit more interesting.

Think I should mix less aggily...

Also I did mean Sidewinder to keep all it's bass and Alien Girl to be in the background...

Last edited:
I agree with the majority of what you've said here to be honest. Kind of wanted a mental double drop, but there you go.

The mixing of minimal tunes with non-minimal tunes was a bit of a risk, and obviously not to everyone's taste, I was mainly just trying to use that big bass surge in Full Circle to make Technofear a bit more interesting.

Think I should mix less aggily...

Thats cool then bro if you can tell what needs improving.. some people dont face up to it

The double drop could have worked but heaven & hell was too loud

good mix still though matey will be checking any future uploads (y)

Back
Top Bottom