CE5 - It's Like... [Stray inspired :)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by modz, Sep 25, 2016.

1. modz

modz Member

Hey guys ive been playing with some hiphop and i created this :)

Updated and mastered!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    maschinistom likes this.
  2. Kolendo

Kolendo Member

Wow this is great, really loving the synth work and horns, but tbh the vocals are taking away from the other bits I like.
    Amazing work either way, reminds me of something that would be pushed by Project Mooncircle

3. modz

modz Member

Thank you :). I feel once i properly mix it, the vocals wont over power the track as it does.

4. modz

modz Member

Updated the track with the final mix :)

5. Rounder RG

Rounder RG Active Member

Really liking this, top work. It does sound a little hollow, like it needs a few more layers of atmospehere to me. Might be the style your after though.

Also might be intentional but i'm hearing quite a few pops and clicks that sounds a little distracting. The clicky sample at 1:30. The synth around 0:54 also sounds quite glitchy and i'd tweak the attack ever so slightly.

Doesn't take away from a beautiful arrangement though. Would like to hear more than 2 minutes if you have a longer version.

6. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

hi terrell, very creative and interesting track from you again, nice! i think the drums sound a bit too prominent on my system, your other tunes seem better in the master/mix. looking forward to your next tunes, dude! :)

7. modz

modz Member

Thanx man :) yeah I really wanted to beat to hit hard. as round pointed and other have in the past that the track seems a hollow so perhaps I can go back and play a bit more and keep working on the mix overall.

8. JamesDetached

JamesDetached Member

Deffinitely getting a Stray vibe from this one.

This is such a gorgeously made tune. Love the drums they are so clean and interesting to the ear. Levels overall sound good to me.

That sax is right up my street! I do think the Rhode sample used might be a little too subby and there's not enough of the mid end too it.

Overall though this is a really interesting track, great work!

If you could feedback me too dude that would be great! https://dnbforum.com/threads/james-detached-distrust-wip-feedback-appreciated.194193/