CDJS to Vinyl

ConEP

Thinking of making the switch to vinyl,I like my cdjs but god they feel cheap (800mk2) and im not looking to spend 1200 on a pair of 850s, so a pair of 1210s I thinj never spun vinyl though, thoughts?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Really want to go for it, tbh shame my 42 only has 2 phonos hmm, im pretty much good with most 1210s I find on ebay right?

im pretty much good with most 1210s I find on ebay right?

You'll be much better off seeing them in person first IMO, do you know about that thing to test it spins at the right speed? With the pitch? It says +6 and -6 next to the play button or something, someone else will be able to explain what I'm talking about, I'm a drunk retard

ok if you move the pitch to certain points, it tells you where on the actual turntable, some of the balls on the platter should look like they have stopped moving, pretty magical really, it's something you're meant to check when buying second hand technics

I have a pair just hate the plasticy feel of them, feels like a toy more than a decent piece of kit

I have a pair just hate the plasticy feel of them, feels like a toy more than a decent piece of kit

I see why you are wanting to move to vinyl which is good but the CDJ800s are a decent bit of kit. I've had mine fooking years now and they've never gone wrong. If you are planning on playing out etc then I really wouldn't move to vinyl for that, it'll be a nightmare in general.

I see why you are wanting to move to vinyl which is good but the CDJ800s are a decent bit of kit. I've had mine fooking years now and they've never gone wrong. If you are planning on playing out etc then I really wouldn't move to vinyl for that, it'll be a nightmare in general.

Wrong! Never a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry too much about if the pitches are in the right place (you can adjust that quite easily and there are lots of tutorials, you need the big dot to be still on 0 and the top dot to be still on +6 for it to be set right) its more if they hold their pitch (and if they don't they just need to be serviced). I think any decks that look tidy are in working condition are sweet - and servicing them for small issues (blown pop-up lights etc) isn't that bigger deal...bottom line is 1200's are a simple machine, that are easily serviceable (and parts are still readily available). They hold their price in the market now, and will only become more sought after. A good pair of turntables that are looked after will last a lifetime!!

I think it would defo be worth looking at a few vids to get a feel for the different features and things that can go wrong, for example when i bought mine one of the height adjustments had stuck which is a very common problem 50 quid to fix. There were videos explaining how to do it but didn't want to ruin my turntable cos it is very complicated!

Really want to go for it, tbh shame my 42 only has 2 phonos hmm, im pretty much good with most 1210s I find on ebay right?

if you use a DVS like traktor you plug your turntables into the soundcard and then the soundcard into the line-ins on your mixer, so you wont need any phono inputs

if you use a DVS like traktor you plug your turntables into the soundcard and then the soundcard into the line-ins on your mixer, so you wont need any phono inputs

Ahaa this makes makes it so much more tempting .. haha

Only thing i found with my technics and traktor is the phonos on my technics work perfectly straight into my xone, but as soon as they go into my traktor soundcard they are fucked! Traktor starts acting all mental. Got to have them replaced man

sooo I found a 1210 on ebay with a guarantee of 30 days, and it looks okay, also the guy said he would do a straight swap for my CDJ 800 MK2 which is nice. comes with a stanton mk11 cart and stylus but pop up target light needs a new bulb and it also needs a 45rpm adapter. Opinions? as I do have a clue about any of these things haha.

Dont buy it without going to see them bro, check it has earth cables (the thin wire with the forks on the end) check the rca's ( these are always built in directly from the turntable so they deteriorate with time and need replacing. By 45 rpm adapter i guess he means button? If so sounds like it will be cheap to fix, however it is essential.

Dont buy it without going to see them bro, check it has earth cables (the thin wire with the forks on the end) check the rca's ( these are always built in directly from the turntable so they deteriorate with time and need replacing. By 45 rpm adapter i guess he means button? If so sounds like it will be cheap to fix, however it is essential.

nah the 45 adapter will be the aluminium disc that slots over the spindle for playing 45's with the bigger centre hole (basically only rasta's do that)

replacing a pop-up is pretty easy (a little fiddly), and internally grounding the deck while you are at it (removing the earth wire) is easy to if you have a soldering iron, drill, and any skill at all with them...

I can link you to some step-by-step tutorials if you want to sort it yourself...

Back
Top Bottom