CDJS to Vinyl

It certainly is, but when you get it it's much more satisfying than CDJs. It's kinda like riding a bike, you'll never forget and rocking up at parties and spinning random vinyl is the one!

It's all about both imo. CDJs for clubs, vinyl at home.

And tone you chat shit, playing in 2 clubs doesn't count as experience :P

im up to 8 now thank you russ ;)

Do you normally play in Brighton, Tone? Let me know on here next time you are playing (deleted fb) and I might head down

this will be purely for moral support and enforced gun finger rewinds

yeah usually Brighton mate, the odd one local to me in the Sussex area too. next one is may bank holiday for the RAM night mate. got Audio playing too which will be fire!

I's say keep the cdjs too! I went from vinyl to CD but will never sell my Technics. Have the best of both when you can mix between! So yeah vinyl for home, CDs for playing out :)

Plus vinyl is expensive, as it serato etc As for mixing it's similar just cdjs are much more sensitive. On the skipping and sound thing if you swapped it over and the sound was fine then it sounds like it's not the needle, so maybe a connection thing or anti skate, or the tone arm itself. When I first bought mine second hand there was something up with the anti skate (you can test it by getting a one sided vinyl, using the blank side have a look on youtube for a video) but got them working, and have had a full service on both this year actually which cost £91 fixed any issue and new phono cable, so when buying second hand that is something which is good to do at some point when needed.

Only bad thing is I now need styli too, I've got those stanton diablos which they are now charging £29.99 each for a replacement! So looking for a complete change, ortofons are much cheaper for replacements!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom