CDJ's to Turntables

Lorre

Hey guys

After a lot of thinking I decided to sell my CDJ 850's and DJM 800 and go for vinyl + timecode. I'm pretty sure the switch will need to grow on me, but I tried technics a bit ago and CDJ's aren't the same anymore.

The thing I'm struggling with right now is the mixer. I'd go for a 2-channel mixer again. The DJM T-1 seems to go for a pretty low price and has a Traktor soundcard built-in which is pretty interesting. Any other suggestions or should I pay up and get a mixer with seperate Serato/Traktor soundcard?

Lemme know what you think, cheers!

Hey guys

After a lot of thinking I decided to sell my CDJ 850's and DJM 800 and go for vinyl + timecode. I'm pretty sure the switch will need to grow on me, but I tried technics a bit ago and CDJ's aren't the same anymore.

The thing I'm struggling with right now is the mixer. I'd go for a 2-channel mixer again. The DJM T-1 seems to go for a pretty low price and has a Traktor soundcard built-in which is pretty interesting. Any other suggestions or should I pay up and get a mixer with seperate Serato/Traktor soundcard?

Something like this will be ideal for you.

sixtyfour_flat_400x486.jpg

http://dj.rane.com/products/sixty-four

you get the traktor soundcard when you get traktor scratch, I got a xone DB2 hooked up to traktor scratch A6 and it works fine, also think there is a way which I could hook my mixer and use it in traktor as I think quite a lot of the mixers nowadays are compatible with traktor, depends what you need to get from it at the end of the day though mate I only use it for tunes that I can't get on vinyl

Hey guys

I guess one advantage of buying an external soundcard is that you can take it anywhere and plug traktor into mates/clubs mixers. Also gives you freedom to buy whatever mixer you want instead of just going for ones with an internal soundcard.

I'm not really looking for anything to control the software though, just looking for an affordable way to use Traktor/Serato with turntables.

If you're looking at wanting to be ale to use either one (Traktor or Serato DJ). I would look into either Pioneer DJM 850 or 900NXS . Now with the Serato DJ+Serato Club upgrade ($169) you can use either one as your soundcard. I've currently ditched my SL4 & now solely use my 900NXS with Serato DJ, but If I wanted to, I could use Traktor Scratch 2 also. Like you I also play lots of vinyl and the switch over is extremely easy. Literally, I just the click of knob to "Phono" & then back to "USB" in the middle of a set flawlessly. I can't speak on this for Traktor, but I can only assume it is similar.

If you're looking at wanting to be ale to use either one (Traktor or Serato DJ). I would look into either Pioneer DJM 850 or 900NXS . Now with the Serato DJ+Serato Club upgrade ($169) you can use either one as your soundcard. I've currently ditched my SL4 & now solely use my 900NXS with Serato DJ, but If I wanted to, I could use Traktor Scratch 2 also. Like you I also play lots of vinyl and the switch over is extremely easy. Literally, I just the click of knob to "Phono" & then back to "USB" in the middle of a set flawlessly. I can't speak on this for Traktor, but I can only assume it is similar.

yeah can confirm it is pretty easy with traktor, just have to change it in the programme

Hi

I've currently been dj'ing Drum n Bass using a pioneer ddj SB controller. It's only small and I don't currently have speakers so I've been using the headphones to DJ from (use serato dj intro). I want to start putting on DNB sets at some clubs/nights. What I would like to know is would I be ok turning up to a club and connecting my laptop and controller and playing through the club speakers (using serato dj intro) or would this not work for any reasons? If you would recommend practising DJ'ing out loud before playing in a club would you recommend I practise on any particular speakers? I wouldnt really know where to start with the speakers... Is there any requirement to use CDJ's for any reason? Any help would be great thanks...

Back
Top Bottom