CDJ's and Lossless?

Acid_Alli

aka The Executioner
VIP Junglist
Right ive looked all over the gaff, and can't find a distinctive answer.

I'm using good old' trusted vinyl atm, but gonna hopefully purchase some Pioneer CDJ's soon. Reason is i like my hard trance and techno and alot of homegrown stuff aint being pressed.
Not getting serato either, as i like the idea of having my music in physical form. So i can make the transition from a big black piece of plastic to a small shiny one easy. :spliff:

But while looking all over these vast sea's of internets, i cant really find a positive answer to the question of - which pioneer cdj's if any will play lossless formats i.e FLAC.

Ive already got abit of a collection in 320, but also have a fair few lossless. But dont wanna downgrade the lossless by converting them to lossy.

So do any of them play any lossless formats? and also what do people recommend, ive got a fair bit of a budget so im counting on ebay. And for the pricess was thinking 400/800/850. (i think the 2000's play lossless or something, but im unemployed not a gigolo)

Cheers all :gang_bang

Serato definitely feels like real vinyl. Not sure why you'd be too bothered about how it's stored?

Have you used cdjs before?

How often to do you play out?

If this is for home then lets be honest you arent guna hear the difference in quality. For now its just a safe bet to use 320s until its standard procedure to use WAVs/ FLACs in clubs. But if you are burning as an audio cd you are getting the best uncompressed quality of your track on the cd, never burn as Mp3.

Yep cheers all,

I like to have things in-front of me physically, so i can have physical contact with my collection and stuff, why i love vinyl. CD's are basically same, just prefer to have them actually there as apposed to them being only stored on a screen.

But i have not used cdj's before ive been on other CD decks, but never any pioneer cdj's.

Alot of people i know have bits of rigs for there own home set-ups including me, so yeah true about quality wouldn't make much of a difference indoors. But tbh i may be involved with less legal outdoor activities, so the quality would make a fair bit off difference. I just dont wanna lose out with my lossless collection.

I'm pissed so excuse bad sentencing, thanks anyway peeps :spliff:

Why don't you have both? If you are transferring to a memory stick then just copy them as 320 and keep your lossless copies.

Or if your burning them to CDs then it will be in the best quality possible anyway

yea im pretty sure burning a wav to cd and burning a FLAC to cd will get u the same results. im pretty sure u wont see much of a difference with a 320 either when burning to cd tbh

CDs play at a sample rate of 44.1khz, and are 16bit, so as Freek says, it'll make minimal difference what you burn it from if your source materials higher quality than that.

Back
Top Bottom