Flappin'
VIP Junglist
Which one?

There like £70 in price difference..

Cdj400 has more features..

Cdj800 has a bigger platter but not much else :/

Help?

would love a 1000 but i havent got enough pennies :(

i owuld go for thje 800, they use 100's in clubs buit its basically working on the same principles, if u get a 400 and get a set out u might fluff it cos ya sketchy on the platters, namsayin?

i owuld go for thje 800, they use 100's in clubs buit its basically working on the same principles, if u get a 400 and get a set out u might fluff it cos ya sketchy on the platters, namsayin?

ahhh yehhh... well I got the 1210s, so I may aswell get the 800. I almost pressed buy on one a min ago but I was like.. actually.... ermmm

I was asking myself the same thing a few weeks ago, But I decided on the 800 simply for the reasons already stated: Its close to the 1000 in regards to design and I want to be prepared when I play out.

Also because it looks nicer :)

Yeah I dunno what the 800s pitch range is then coz I had one and I swear it was different to the 1000 lol

Doesn't matter really, most the pioneer family are more or less the same just with different features, you could even get away with the cdj 200 which is basically the same as the 400 minus the usb, all pioneers main buttons are layed out the same and doubt the pitch ranges alter that much, all use same resolutions etc.

Doesn't matter really, most the pioneer family are more or less the same just with different features, you could even get away with the cdj 200 which is basically the same as the 400 minus the usb, all pioneers main buttons are layed out the same and doubt the pitch ranges alter that much, all use same resolutions etc.

Yeah people are reading into the pitch thing WAYY to much. They all operate exactly the same just some have different range selections. If you learnt to pitch ride like you should do then the size of the platter is irrelevant, plus any CDJ you use will be the same unless of course the resolution isn't 0.05%.

The 400 has a shit load more features, and funnily enough it has an even better scratch functions then both the 800 and 1000. If you bought a 400 it would give you more to play with scratch wise but if you just guna mix then get the 800.

Just to clarify (y)

Yeah people are reading into the pitch thing WAYY to much. They all operate exactly the same just some have different range selections. If you learnt to pitch ride like you should do then the size of the platter is irrelevant, plus any CDJ you use will be the same unless of course the resolution isn't 0.05%.

The 400 has a shit load more features, and funnily enough it has an even better scratch functions then both the 800 and 1000. If you bought a 400 it would give you more to play with scratch wise but if you just guna mix then get the 800.

Just to clarify (y)

thanks for the info russla & others..

yeh i pitch ride, never touch the platter inless im cueing.. if it feels like a vinyl and has that delayed feel when riding the pitch then im happy..

Just to clarify (y)

I have both. I bought originally a CDJ800 then bought the 400 just because of the usb feature and the effects.

However on saturday the 400's laser seems to have broke. Now it is still in warranty however i do think that the 400 is a better cdj however it seems to be made of flimsyer (sp?) material and is smaller.

BTW the 800 goes only down to +0.05% whereas the 400 goes down to 0.02% resolution (just like the 1000) and i personally think it makes a difference

I'd get confused tho using a 400/1000 at 0.02% all the time then having to use an 800 in a club with 0.05%, like two completely different decks so to speak. Especially if you have to change the range to 6+/-, even more so. I duno just how i see it, keep it standard (y)

Back
Top Bottom