cdj vs traktor/serato

groelle

VIP Junglist
sooooo.

basically i worked all day every day for the last couple of weeks and got some money to spend to expand my equipment.

but now its the question. and extra cdj to cover my need to play our songs, or serato and do the change?

i love my vinyl and wouldnt stop buying nonetheless. i also recently started to like more and more house and dubstep and it would be nice to mix that every now and then again, so serato seems like the optimum. and nows the question, which audiointerface is better soundqualitywise? SL1 vs SL3 vs traktor?

so many questions. would love some opinions. thanks guys ;)

canofworms1.jpg

Unless you can afford 2 cdj's or the money for the dubstep and house vinyl you're after, go for Serato. I'm guessing you want to keep vinyl, right? So if you can afford to buy the house and dubstep vinyls that's all good.. But then again if you can have 2 cdj's you're looking at a 4 deck setup. Also bare in mind the laptop you will be using to power serato!

got a fairly new laptop with 2x2.2ghz and 2 gigs of ram, should be enough for running serato.

and im basically a student 3/4 of the year and cant really afford anymore vinyl than im already buying. plus id have to buy like 20-30 vinyls before even attempting to mix. hm.

and yeah. its a can of worms. :D

oh and btw, im not wanting to waste money, so 500 bucks should be the maximum. so its more like 2x numark axis9 vs serato or traktor than 2x pioneers

this thread will be a fuck digital, vinyl ftw thread by page 2... but my opinion, CDJ's!

more universally accepted in clubs, nothing more annoying than some dick fiddling with his set up!

this thread will be a fuck digital, vinyl ftw thread by page 2... but my opinion, CDJ's!

more universally accepted in clubs, nothing more annoying than some dick fiddling with his set up!

ill let logikz/smarts/whoever know when it comes this way. i hate this fucking annoying bullshit. fuck the medium as long as the music's good. and i dont want to end my vinyl buys, i just want to play tunes that havent come out on vinyl/house/dubstep tunes i dont consider worthwile enought to buy on vinyl.

but yeah, that fucking fiddling around and taking my laptop to certain places is putting me off serato atm.. but i just wanted some opinions of people that already done their decision.

I use traktor scratch and it is a lovely way to dj. It is a pain to set up in clubs and you have to take your laptop but when its working nicely its far nicer to use than cdj's in my opinion. If you play out a lot though cdj's are probably more convenient.

Back
Top Bottom