CDJ users.....How many tracks do you guys usually burn to each disc??

JackSpade

Simple question....just wondering how many tunes everybody burns to their cd's and why. When I first started using cd's last year, I would put 5-10 tracks on one disc. Lately I've only been burning 2-4 tracks per cd. What does everyone else do? Is it better to have more or less on a disc, or does that even matter? :banana:

normally 3,4 or 5... dont like too many as it limits what tunes you can mix together... unless you have duplicates!

less tunes means more room to write track names, always good when you need to finger through 100 odd CD's!

I put 6 to 8 per cd and make duplicates.
I have my cd wallett divided up into sub genres.
Ragga jungle/liquid/jumpup-Dancefloor/techy/drumstep

never really thought about it. Just stick stuff on as and when i need it. I got a good memory for track names and numbers.

i normally do as many as possible - mot discs I buy are 1.20 so that's roughly 14-16

Depends on what ive downloaded, if i have download 4 tracks or so from 1 artist i will make a cd just for that artist.. if i have only downloaded a couple tunes and i really need them i will just have a 1-2 tune cd, but i generally dont like to go over 5 per disc. I reburned all of my mp3s recently at 5 per disc splitting into different subgenres/artists etc.. works well :) gone from having about 40 cd's to 20!

Used to do 4 because technically the less tracks you have on a CD, the less odds you have of scratching the surface by the CDJs mechanism when you insert/eject it.

Now that got my tune collection expanding I switched to 10-11 per CD (as that leaves enough space on a little piece of paper to actually write all the track names down and me still being able to see it while in the mix).

Depends what I've bought really but I usually put 10 to 15 tracks on CD and burn 2 so I can mix tunes together.

i put 10 per cd, i then make 2 copies of this cd and call the two discs disc 4 etc, i write a track list of this disc (disc4 for example) and stick it in with the 2 discs. its very organised and works well for me

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Used to do 4 because technically the less tracks you have on a CD, the less odds you have of scratching the surface by the CDJs mechanism when you insert/eject it.

Now that got my tune collection expanding I switched to 10-11 per CD (as that leaves enough space on a little piece of paper to actually write all the track names down and me still being able to see it while in the mix).

this

I just write the artists that are on the CD on the disc as I write the track names to disc. Saves writing endless lists.

2 usb sticks of 8 gig on the new cdj-350
All the dnb i have on one Stick, and all the dnb i have on the other usb stick,
so i can mix any song i want into another song i have.
Don't have 8 gig of songs yet though

I burn 6-8 tracks to each cd and divide the sub genres of dnb like jump up, techstep, liquid, dark rollers, makes it easier for me to catogorize and find tracks to mix alot quicker

I only spin vinyl mate!
But knowing my hoarder mentality I'd probably do like a hundred on each disc and forget to write a god damned track list and only ever play the first 11 tracks per disc...

As for writing out the track list - Screen shot of the list in iTunes, gather all lists, print off, cut out, slide in case ;)

Back
Top Bottom