CDJ Helps...

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
Hi guys...

I'm a vinyl DJ at the moment but what with the credit crunch and my not being able to afford many vinyls I'm thinking about getting some CDJs. I've never really used CDJs before and I don't honestly kow much about them.

Obviously in a dream world I'd go and get myself some CDJ 2000s/3000s/500,000s (what ever number they're up to now) and all would be gravy. Unfortunately, in the real world, I don't have the luxury of such deep pockets.

Anyone able to recommend to me some CDJs that are easy to use, fairly cheap (maybe... £600/700 for a pair) and are similar enough to the lastest and greatest Pioneers that if I went to a club to DJ, the Pioneers wouldn't scare the shit outta me and I wouldn't fuck up.

That make sense?

Thanks in advance :D

Ya dun kno how tempting that is mate!! They're quite a lot brand new too!

Well I definately don't have the money at the moment. I also have no way of picking them up :(

Aaaah well. Thats fackin bargainous!

On some cdjs the pitch only moves in 0.1's which means you cant get it to stay in sync for very long.
I havent tried mixing on pioneers yet though.

0.1% is perfect enough to stay in sync imo, that only becomes a problem playing very old tunes and vinyl rips. The 800s go to 0.05% and more often than not thats a pain in the ass cos if you don't realise it can slip onto a 0.05 and go out outta sync more if the other track is locked on 0.1

do cdj 800 mk2s link up to laptops with usb??
I am in a similar situation.. lookin to spend round 1000 for a pair.. no idea what to do, vaguely interested in the cdj 350s, but very unsure

Sealed Bid:

A set date and time deadline will always be specified and your offer must be received within that time; a late offer will lose you credibility as a buyer and may not be considered. In order to present yourself in the best light and maximise the chances of your bid being chosen, it pays to be organised and the more information you give, the better.

Sealed Bid:

A set date and time deadline will always be specified and your offer must be received within that time; a late offer will lose you credibility as a buyer and may not be considered. In order to present yourself in the best light and maximise the chances of your bid being chosen, it pays to be organised and the more information you give, the better.

Ah.

Had any luck trying to shift em yet?

i added a cdj400 to my setup earlier this year. cant fault it tbh, i was in same situation, never used em before, didnt no anything about em. got the hang of it in litterally minutes. am adding another one to my setup in december which i cant wait.
i found my one on gumtree for £350 in mint condition, am hoping to find another bargain like that soon :)
so to summarise, i can say that the 400s are decent and easy to use and a decent cdj.

Back
Top Bottom