CDJ alternatives

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
looking for a pair of CD/MP3 decks that i could pick up for less than £400, that will tide me over until i can afford a better set-up

a mate of mine has a pair of numark ndx200's and although they did the job they seemed a bit flimsy, like they'd break if i mashed the buttons a bit too hard.

suggestions? Birthday's coming up and my mum called me asking me what i wanted...even with her new £100k salary i would've felt a bit cheeky asking for a brand new pair of cdj2000's

Stanton SCS 4DJ is about £400

no cd's (you just use mp3's on a usb stick) but you dont need a laptop with it either.

Stanton SCS 4DJ is about £400

no cd's (you just use mp3's on a usb stick) but you dont need a laptop with it either.

an all in one setup isn't quite what i'm looking for, as i do intend to expand my setup beyond just the 2 decks in the future.

anyone have any experience with the gemini CDJ 250's?

save a bit longer, get second hand cdj 800s , dont buy twice

i'll probably be buying a set of pioneers at some point in the future, and then use my older/cheaper decks with my pioneers for some 4 deck tomfoolery.

but i really need a set of decks for the time-being and my birthday is only once a year.

it seems that in my price bracket, i have 2 options

numark ndx400

or

gemini CDJ250

i'll probably be buying a set of pioneers at some point in the future, and then use my older/cheaper decks with my pioneers for some 4 deck tomfoolery.

but i really need a set of decks for the time-being and my birthday is only once a year.

it seems that in my price bracket, i have 2 options

numark ndx400

or

gemini CDJ250

cdj 800s or 400s I personally couldn't stand using those 400s for any length of time though man, the tiny platter does my head in

a mate of mine just bought those NDX 400's someone mentioned above, & he is a newcomer to mixing.
I don't mix on CD's regularly but from experience on them they arent great tbh. Jog Wheel is really light and feels flimsy...similar to what people say about the Pioneer 400's

bag a second hand pair of Pioneer CDJ 800's. I have been hunting one down for a short while...but you can bag one in good nick between 200-300. Done a few nights out and they crop up in most booths which must be a plus if you are ever thinking of playing out.

If your looking for a genuinely cheaper alternative to the pioneers, ive had a go on a couple of different gemini cdj's and theyre not that bad. A lot better than i expected to be honest.

Also for some reason ive seen tonnes in the windows of C-EX and cash converters etc. Not sure its because theyre crap or people are just upgrading or what? But generally ive seen em for approx 200 a pair.

buy once
buy right
/

This generally.

Really regret starting out with a midi controller. Wish id just splashed on the 1210's sooner because learning on shitty gear sets you back really far. If i had got 1210's straight up id have an extra 8 months of mixing experience.

we've all been there ded.

ive got a loft full of shit gear ive had and broken over the years.

Don't buy twice! Save your money. I've recently just sold my 1210s and my cdjs1000 and got my self Traktor and a S4 controller. Amazing piece of kit, 4decks and that's all you need!!! (and a laptop)

had to drop my budget down to £300, including a mixer so i kinda ran out of options really.

went with the NDX200's and a Behringerr VMX200 (no i didn't get it for the bpm counters :teeth:)

if i knew i'd be able to afford to in the next 6 months, i would've waited and got some pioneers, but i've been waiting for a set of decks for too long now and just wanna get my beatmatching down to a tee.

thanks for your advice that i disregarded anyway :lol:

Back
Top Bottom