CDJ 800mk1 vs CDJ 1000Mk3

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Ok first things first this isnt a battle i just wrote 'vs' to attract viewers haha..

Im playing my first night on wednesday and the club has cdj 1000mk3s which i have never used before, i use a cdj 800mk1 and am pretty confident on it..

Is the 1000mk3 so different that i should worry about it or even not use it?! Being my first set i really dont wanna fuck this up and my whole set pretty much relies on going digital or vinyl!!

Thanks in advance

ya. you can just change more varients on the cdj1000. essentially they're the same deck, the 1000 just has more features.

use it in the same way you're comfortable with on the cdj800 and you should be fine.

one thing i will suggest is that you make sure it's set on auto cue. i was manually setting the cues on the tunes i was using at one gig as i couldn't work out why it wouldn't cue itself up automaticly!

Yeah Muzza you'll be fine dude. One thing to note is the jog wheel stiffness. Your Mk1 is probably really easy to spin so to get the Mk3s to the same you'll need to adjust the knob all the way anticlockwise to match.

Jog adjust in the top right hand corner :)

CDJ1000MK3b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom