CDJ 800 mk1 pitch drift!?

Wellsy

VIP Junglist
Recently obtained one of these from ebay in good condition (no scractches, paint fades etc..) but I think the pitch is messed up on it, for ages Ive used two different cd decks together with no real problems in pitch change, but now that I've accompanied this with my pioneer cdj 200, double dropping is no more with out a nasty clash and constant pitch bending.

Reverting back to my original setup of a Denon dns 1000 and cdj 200 produces no problems, now I know different decks are designed differently but I wouldnt expect this much trouble between brothers and sisters:rinsed:

Should I return it you think yeah?

Last edited:
That makes no sence, CDJ 800s are usually spot on. What exactly is happening?

A good to check if its not holding beat is to use the same tune in each deck, put the pitch to 0, play them together and see if holds the beat with no human intervention.. which it should do easily. If the beats start to go out then you deffo have a problem, if they don't then you're the problem lol oj.

Try that first (y)

That makes no sence, CDJ 800s are usually spot on. What exactly is happening?

A good to check if its not holding beat is to use the same tune in each deck, put the pitch to 0, play them together and see if holds the beat with no human intervention.. which it should do easily. If the beats start to go out then you deffo have a problem, if they don't then you're the problem lol oj.

Try that first (y)

Aye I briefly tried that same tune at 0 test last night but it was late and had a load of whiskey so couldnt make a fair judgment lol but doing the test several times just now with the denon 1000 teamed with the 200 works prefect and the 800 faaills!! so going to have to get a refund! :(

Doubt you'll get a refund on Ebay unless it was a actual store, and even then.....Ebay is sketchy as fuck.

Should be able to get it refunded as its from a store that accepts returns, the guy sells loads of second hand cdjs a week all with the same description so I doubt he's testing em properly him self.

I might just purchase another cdj 200 actually as I like them better than the mk1s, only bought one to get used to cuz i'm playing out for my first time in a couple o weeks.

I'd personally never buy a mixer or cdj off ebay. Especially not a Cdj, those things have a tendancy to fuck up. That's why they all have a hench warranty when you buy em new. Just don't trust 2nd hand electrical goods.... iffy.

cdj800 mk1's are +10 in pitch, not +8.

in conclusion; learn to mix.

EH!!! who mentioned anything about pitch ranges, what deck has +8?

slightly ignorant comment there, I know how to mix, just merely discussing if anyone found issues with mk1's combined with other players, even if one player was +-10 and the other +-8...what difference would it make unless I went above 8 :rinsed:

Back
Top Bottom