CDJ 800 - Broken Cue Button

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by jj_afroman, Apr 4, 2010.

1. jj_afroman

jj_afroman The Notorious N.I.G.

Sup all, I just recently bought a pair of CDJ 800 MK II's & a week after buying them realized that the cue button on both decks have broken and are sort of floating if you know what I mean. Sometimes they won't even play because the cue button's stuck down...it's really fucking annoying! I can jiggle them or turn them on & off which'll sometimes do the trick but other times I sit there for 10 minutes jiggling the button to no avail...they won't even eject the disc at this point which really grinds my gears 'cause I feel like if I turn 'em off with a disc inside it'll fuck 'em up.

I've searched all teh interwebs and apparently this is a fairly common problem. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so how they went about fixing it.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. Wellsy

Wellsy Member

Are the buttons not responding as they should, sort of like sticking? Probably the tactile switch is worn and tarnished causing the buttons to jump, this happend when I used to own a pair of stanton C314s which were notorious for buttons fecking up, I did solve it however by simply purchasing some tactile switches and replacing the old switch by soldering, can get a little tricky but aint the hardest job in the world. Not sure what size tactile switches the mkIIs use but they will look similar to these:

[​IMG]