CDJ 400 Hardrive?

Axle

okay, so as you most probably know, the CDJ 400's have USB compatability, which got me thinking.. If I could find an adapter on the net somewhere, that has; 1 USB head at one end, and 2 at the other end, then could I rig up 1 hard drive to both the decks? Effectivley it would mean I would only need one music source that could be used to store all my music, and then used with both decks. Or will the CDJ's not be able to use the hardrive at the same time?

you probably could, but frankly you could just get two sticks with about 20 gb on each quite cheaply.
some hard drives tend to crash at inconvenient times, so while you probably could it may not be the most practicle of solutions, but i would imagine it should be possibe.. don't take my word for it though

Yeh, your probably right now i think about it- would be a lot cheaper than buying a hardrive! Cheers

errr, can't you put a LAN cable in between pioneer cdj's, so that they both run on the USB stick you plugged in the first?
Or does it only come with the later versions?

^^No, only on the 2000s and 900s can you do that.

For future reference you cannot use the same HD across two 400s because the software in built is not made to do this. I'm not 100% sure but theoretically it won't.

For future reference you cannot use the same HD across two 400s because the software in built is not made to do this. I'm not 100% sure but theoretically it won't.

Aha. Well, buying 2 usb sticks to put that nights set of tracks on will do the track for 'em in that case then...

You can't do it anyway, just like you can't plug an external HD into 2 PCs at the same time. The hard drive can't contend with seek commands from 2 different sources at the same.

The head on the hard drive would just send a jumble data.

You can't do it anyway, just like you can't plug an external HD into 2 PCs at the same time. The hard drive can't contend with seek commands from 2 different sources at the same.

The head on the hard drive would just send a jumble data.

seriously? Plug it in the first, and then hook up a LAN cable from first to second?

Yes. You can plug an ethernet cable from 1 pc to the other and create a bridge connection, then share the external hard drive.

Not possible with 2 CDJ400's though.

ahh, good one.

Same thing again: gonna keep the 400s: buy two USB sticks. Easy as fuck. That way is like a record case, you can't take your whole collection with you if you spin vinyl aswell. (y)

Back
Top Bottom