CDJ 1000 MK3 > Traktor Pro, Timecode control

Jeromekem

Hi guys,

I have a few simple questions for the CDJ 1000 MK3, Traktor users.
Currently I'm playing on a DJM 800 / CDJ 1000 MK3 setup with CD's. I want to try out a new set up with a Macbook pro, Traktor NI Audio 10 and Traktor (scratch) pro > with the DJM 800 & CDJ MK3's. Before I buy the Traktor NI Audio 10, I'd like to know a few things:

When I'm using timecode CD's, am I able to see and save cue points which I set up in traktor?
So when I'm going to a gig with, let's say, 3 cue points in a track, am I able to use them as with other midi controllers?

Can I still see the waveform of a track in my CDJ 1000 MK3 when playing with timecode CD's?

Is there a certain latency or delay in the CDJ 1000 MK3? If yes, is it bearable (in comparison with the regular CD mode)?

When I record a mix with the integrated traktor function, will traktor pickup all the effects & other movements made with the CDJ & the DJM 800 when assuming I've correctly setup the DJM 800, CDJ 1000 MK3's & NI Audio 10?

>>>
Any answers are very much apreciated. Looking for clear answers for the questions above for a long time now. People couldn't give me exact answers until now.

Cheers,
Jerome

Yes, the cue points are saved on traktor on your laptop, you can use other cdjs, controllers, mixers and soundcards and your cue points will always be saved.

No, itll just be blank

Yes, but its bearable, you know if you mash the cue with normal CDs the beat is instant. Well with timecode its not quite instant, but its manageable. Its better if you press play while keeping your hand on the jog wheel, then just let it go on the beat, like you would with vinyl.

Yes, all you need to do is set up a link from the front of the soundcard (main in) into the booth or second main output on your mixer, and setup traktor to record from main in.

I have an extra question to your answer on '1.' > So is it possible to set que points with the CDJ, save it in traktor, connect my laptop to another set and start the cue point with my CDJ, again? Or is it only possible to manage the cue points in traktor itself, and manually pressing the play button on the CDJ? How does that work exactly?

Thanks for your time!

Re: CDJ 1000 MK3 > Traktor Pro, Timecode control

No saving them wont work on the cdj, for example if you wanna cue @ 22 seconds on one tune, every single tune with be cued at 22 seconds on that deck because youre always using the same CD and the same track.

So instead you get to 22 seconds, press one of the number keys to save the cue point (between 1-5 for Deck A and 6-0 for Deck B), then you go to play out, connect your laptop up, load the track, press the number key and the track jumps to the cue point then press play on the cdj as normal.

Hope that answers your question :)

- - - Updated - - -

So yeah I know what youre thinking now "great, so all of my CDJ1000s features will be useless"... well... yeah :teeth:

is there any need for timecodes? if burning CD's all the time is pissing you off why not just load up some usb sticks?

Clearly, traktor doesn't add that much of a function to the CDJ 1000's. It gives you the opportunity to import tracks from your laptop and let's you see the waveform on your laptop. Most of the CDJ 1000 MK3 functions will get useless aparantly, that's a shame. Maybe I'm considering switching to 2000's then. Thanks for your time!

Clearly, traktor doesn't add that much of a function to the CDJ 1000's. It gives you the opportunity to import tracks from your laptop and let's you see the waveform on your laptop. Most of the CDJ 1000 MK3 functions will get useless aparantly, that's a shame. Maybe I'm considering switching to 2000's then. Thanks for your time!

Yep it renders nearly all of the features of a CDJ useless, I felt like they had just turned into a really expensive controller. So I got rid of them and bought technics and it definitely feels like they were what traktor was meant for timecode wise.

Back
Top Bottom