CD Swap

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Flatmatt, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

I'm thinking, as a newbie here, that it would be a good idea to make a mix CD each and swap it through the post so as to get a better idea of what everyone's into. i reckon something of about an hour in length either a cassette or CD depening on what you can make, something in the region of an hour. if people post me their CDs/tapes i'll pick names out of a hat and then post them back out to everyone at random so you won't know who's mix you'll be getting, then i'll send out a PM to everyone who's involved about a week later to let you know who's mix you got and what's on it.

put a post on the thread if you're interested and we'll sort it out from there!

:rave:

2. mesh

mesh Active Member

not a bad idea , except we can swap online easily, people wont bother posting. there are quite a few members mixes in the mix section, maybe we could have a thread where we gather all the links to those ...

3. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

hmmm sounds good but im not sure its gona work very well some1 does need to collect all the mixes that the members have done and open a new thread.

4. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

I thought about making a mix swap website for all kinds of music but wasnbt sure of the legal implications.

If anyone is interested in helping out with this id be happy to hear from them.

but yeah...good idea!

lets roll!

5. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

u know that puttin an MP3 on a thread is so much better but i don't have the ability to do so as i only have access to the interweb at work :( spose the whole swapping through the post thing was a bit selfish really?

6. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Sorry to say, yep. Get a net connection, it is the only way practical nowadays.

7. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

Easy. Go over to a friends house where there is internet access. Download mix, (make sure to save as). Burn to disc.

Besides that it is a really good idea. I, myself, need to get a mix or two up to the folks on the forum.

8. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Good idea. Or do it at work...

9. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

Yeah, would do but we have these toss little things called WYSE terminals instead of normal tower units. looks like a trip to my mum's with a stack of CD's!! :(