CD SINGLES!?

H*product

Heavyweight product
VIP Junglist
I was thinking the other day (sorry if this has been mentioned before) why dont labels release CD singles? Nicely packaged like a vinyl release but with say 3 tracks for £3-4 or something.

I've been mixing more and more CDs but i hate these piles of blank CDs with scrawliing all over them. Some nice full colour artwork would make my cd collection look so much better.

What do you people recon? would you bother buying them?

cd's cost £1.50-£3 to produce with cover art, wouldnt be any money in it, unless you where burning thousands at a time to reduce the cost, pop singles burn hundreds of thousands at a time, so it was worth it, although even now allot of pop labels have given up on them

was thinking this, would definitely buy some. bit more personal than a digital file, and affordable for those that dont use vinyl

I think its to do with costs tbh. With the boom of digital, factory made cds are loosing popularity with labels. If its a choice between paying £1 - £2 per cd to be manufactured comPared to digitals £0 manufacturing costs. Just makes good business sense.

I think its to do with costs tbh. With the boom of digital, factory made cds are loosing popularity with labels. If its a choice between paying £1 - £2 per cd to be manufactured comPared to digitals £0 manufacturing costs. Just makes good business sense.

:word:

and besides ...
cd's last 5 mins before they are fooked, disposable media.
crap format if u ask me. mini discs were much better.

Ram & playaz have released cd singles down the years, playaz used to put a few tracks together on their releases, and I used to own sub focus x ray on cd. Bit out of date now though.

Ram & playaz have released cd singles down the years, playaz used to put a few tracks together on their releases, and I used to own sub focus x ray on cd. Bit out of date now though.

Heh I have that Sub Focus single somewhere.
Agree that it's nicer, but. Yeah. Money says otherwise.

I've got some dnb CD singles. Alex Reese - Sunshine with the krust remix and a couple of others

and besides ...
cd's last 5 mins before they are fooked, disposable media.
crap format if u ask me. mini discs were much better.
eh? lol

definitely don't go near any vinyl then...

I've got some dnb CD singles. Alex Reese - Sunshine with the krust remix and a couple of others

eh? lol

definitely don't go near any vinyl then...

i have 17 years worth of vinyl, they are all in fine condition, but thanks for the advice.

cd's are inferior, everyone has had that problem when u have to rub them on ur t shirt to try and get them to play. even if u treat them like new born babies they still get scratched and dont stand the test of time, especially with cdr's (50 blanks for £5 ish) they are seen as disposable media.

This is the only one I ever had.

Splash - Babylon/Heaven/Babylon (DJ Trace & DJ SS Remixes) - 1995

R-150-1590170-1243105623.jpeg

Last edited:
i have 17 years worth of vinyl, they are all in fine condition, but thanks for the advice.

cd's are inferior, everyone has had that problem when u have to rub them on ur t shirt to try and get them to play. even if u treat them like new born babies they still get scratched and dont stand the test of time, especially with cdr's (50 blanks for £5 ish) they are seen as disposable media.

17 years of vinyl is one deep collection!

and at least if you treat your vinyl like babies, give em a good clean they will last a LONG time. really depends how well you look after your own personal belongings.

Back
Top Bottom