CD-R skipping

TheTornado

VIP Junglist
Hey all, I've been playing CDs for just under a year and the last time I bought CD-Rs I bought ones that have a shiny silver surface. There is a link below to the exact kind I'm talking about. I've never had a problem with a CD-R skipping. I have CDs I burned a year ago that still play perfectly fine! Meanwhile, a CD I burned last night with these new CD-Rs skipped the first time I played it. What gives? Should I just abandon these and get different ones? Or could it be a problem with the CD-Js? Anyone else ever have this problem?

http://pc.pcconnection.com/1/1/9494...ace-cd-r-media-100-disc-spindle-cd-r80bs.html

Jesus why you buy them? They are massively expensive and i guess you arent guna print on the cd so whats the point. Secondly i cant see why the would be skipping except maybe they reflect the laser around or something if they are used without a print on them? no idea, just buy some standard ones lol

I didn't buy the ones on the website, I bought them from Guitar Center. They were actually the cheapest option... something like $14 for a 50 pack. The clerk at the store told me they worked the same when I expressed my concern about whether they would play or not. Guess I got taken! Oh well, will just buy some regular ones.

Ive had this with different cd's, made a thread recently.. The only experience i have has is my mates Vertabim CD's taking a lot longer to load into the deck and occasionally crashing.. They have been ok for others though. From experience i find Sony's the best. Put it in the deck and select track and almost instantly its loaded up, and never had one crash on me.

Back
Top Bottom