cd player/ home sound system

Yorkshire Tony

VIP Junglist
ok, so my cd player at home has finally gone...... been o nits way out for a year or so now......... basically i need to buy a new one, but a little skint atm....

i need something that is a cd player, looks decent (the mrs hates my Technics stackable as its so big and bulky) and prodces some decent sound....... the only proble mbeing that i have a budget of around £200, anyone got suggestions as to the best sounding system i can get o nthis budget?

Sammy_Dodger

Mr Ed
VIP Junglist
just dont be a wattage fool, and go for the highest wattage...a lot of people assume the more watts the better sound!! This couldnt be further from the truth...

Id go for a reliable brand (Pannasonic, Phillips, JVC, Sony, Aiwa etc...NOT ALBA or Goodmans) and if you can, check the frequency range of the speakers...the bigger the gap...the more sound you get!

Try to not get anything with fancy gizmos as this will impede the quality of the internal components...

Yorkshire Tony

VIP Junglist
too true on the Wattage mate.....people dont realise gettin a syste mwith 10,000 watts for their bedsit isnt the best thing to do! lol

Anyone got anything that is in this kinda prie range that the ycan recommend?

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
used to work for Richer, wouldnt trust them....they all salesmen and work on commission even tho they say they dont!!

Stock gets abused!!!

Also...he said he didnt want separates!!
I thought the said he dint want bulky...

I've brought few bits from Richer over the years, always been pleased with em.

Yorkshire Tony

VIP Junglist
YEAH I like seperates, just that the ones i have at the minute are old and bulky looking....fine for me, the mrs dont like though......fuckin peach of a system, but cost way too much to replace with the same