CD Dex

If anyone's looking into Denon's I would recommend the DNS-1000, personally I think it's one of the better CDJ's in the $250-500 price range. I've been pretty happy with mine, I got it about six months ago. Has flanger, delay, hi/mid/lo-pass fx, can play MP3 CD's, etc. A very solid player overall.

The only thing I don't like is the jog wheel is difficult to get used to and isn't as smooth to scroll as the wheel on the pioneers, so if you want to scratch with a CDJ I wouldn't recommend this model.

i have a Numark CD20S Dual rack mount thing, works fine for me... i mostly spin house/breaks off that though because 95% of my dnb is vinyl. they are a simple, tough, metal cased unit and have beem lugged all over the countryside for 4 yrs and havent skipped a beat.

i'm not too sure on the new plasticy single drawer cd players that seem to have flooded the market. even the cdj100 seems to be a lightweight, crappy little piece of equipment. played off 800's/1000's and they are better feeling decks and if i were replacing my cd decks that's what i'd buy.

those fake vinyl topped decks seem gimicky to me. it just liek comparing those flash new stanton/numark vinyl decks to the trusty old 1200's... i ask why do you need to play your tunes backwards or upside down or whatever? most dj's get those vinyl topped things and don't even scratch on them or use any of the effects. i'll work on my tune selection/dd-ing/flawless beatmatching while these blokes are fiddling with knobs and effects and still trainwrecking ;)

i've never seen a club/event/studio setup in australia (or limited exposure in UK) where they use anything other than pioneer cd decks (mostly pioneer mixers too, unless an international requests some fancy shmacy allen&heath or something). i think that says something about the quality of pioneer products.

yeah I definately think the CDJ-1000s have become the industry standard over the years, and pioneer's mixers are pretty damn solid as well.

The Technics CD deck I haven't heard much good stuff about, I hear one of its biggest problems is it makes a choppy, "digitized" sound when you try to scratch/backspin/cue the song playing off the cd and apparently does not sound smooth at all. Correct me if I'm wrong here though as I've never used it before myself, just read about it on other msg boards and whatnot. Anyone on here have the Techs CD deck?

Back
Top Bottom