cd dex or final scratch and a laptop?

cd dex or final scratch

• cd dex - the expensive scratchable ones

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • final scratch and a laptop

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • stick with your vinyl you fool, don't sell out to the digital age!

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
klusta said:
I can't choose which to get....help me out
I would stick with vinyl unless you need a single CD deck to play all those dubplates!

I almost bought a second CD deck but decided against it, gotta love the vinyl ting.

Not used Final Scratch so I can't comment on it.

Infact, just buy it all! You can never have enough DJ equipment :D

stay with the wax

it feels nicer

then if i couldnt use it for some daft reason
i'd get final scratch if i was at home
or cd decks if in a club

i wouldnt trust the final scratch in a club, imagine if your laptop crashed, or some pissed up tosser nicked it.
not good :antitank:

Last edited:
hmmmm, I know I'd never sell out on the vinyl but final scratch is soooo tempting. Yep seen the fucked laptop thing happen to a dj in a club, not very funny!

on the other hand I could get a 3 channel scratch mixer, still yet to find a suitable one though.

Anyone know where I can have a go with Final Scratch?

Just got Final Scratch over Xmas.
Fuckin Blindin....

If you have a laptop already, go with Final Scratch .... I promise you will not be disapointed. But if you don't have a laptop, you're probably better using a cd mixer, because otherwise that's a lot of $$$ to dish out.

Gotta say though, having now used Final Scratch for a while I'm gonna be transfering everything I have (including vinyl) onto the laptop and runnin that way. It's the dogs bollocks.

rene - bachelors of science
[31 records/flex/bsc]

Yah, vinyl is my main squ33z3. :zest:

Some Stanton mixer's have 3 channel i think. Don't got the loot to buy one atm.

if i could use cd dex i would buy them.. but im fuckin terrible at using them so i use final scratch.. it is a fuckin miracle to have and its never crashed on me.. it just depends what laptop you have.

final scratch is good but only if you want the hassle of plugging all the shit in every time you go out to play... certainly is a pain in the ass for me...

if you can use cdj's then i'd stick to them to be honest

Id go with the Pioneer CDJ1000s, can't go wrong wit em. I personally think it has the best & closest feel to vinyl or Techs, & even when the Tech CDJs drop, Ill stick wit the Pioneers. my .03 cents.

numarkcdx.jpg

hmm.... the numark cdx with like a platter on it
i think it also takes mp3 cds

I don't understand how you mix with cd's. Or how they bloody work. Or how you could scratch with one. lol.

Stick with vinyl. :monkey:

I wasn't very impressed by the response on CDJs for scratching and so on.
I'd go with final scratch if possible, I reckon a laptop will put up with being lugged around a lot more as well

i think that final scratch is the best way my self but its up to u,i use it as a comparison to other tracks when im mixin down with cdj's u have to burn a cd 1st and its a wast plus im not cuttin every tune that gets send on the aim but its nice to see how the track fit in to my set plus i think soon every club will get fs soon enuff i know a lot of dj's use it and its a good tool to have in the studio

I love what Final Scratch enables you to do, but something about not being able to get HANDS ON with my music is weird ... technophobia maybe. I like what you can do with one CD deck hooked up next to technics, nuff CD dubs... Final Scratch aint going anywhere but, its very impressive.
its tha cost factor too. big outlay, but then cheaper tunes etc

hmm, i thought this was gonna be clear cut!

my views on cd dex are gonna change if i can't scratch proper on them, that throws that idea out of the window.

think I'm gonna stick with me vinyl for a while

might just buy a laser for my night instead.

I think the reaction time on pioneer cdj1000s is pretty crappy for scratching and the touch sensitive plate is a bit ropey, plus the fact it doesn't spin.
The denon one has a belt drive plate so that sucks a bit.

I'd give the technics ones a try when they arrive otherwise final scratch is the one.

yeah, i dont like how the cd deck goes all, i dunno, like when u try and line up the beat it just plays one little section looped.. and i cant line them up properly, maybe thats just me though.. but apart from that i didnt think the cd decks were that bad, though i havent used them to scratch.. and i havent used final scratch either

Back
Top Bottom