cd decks

damnjungle

bin using a vinyl setup for a couple of years now an im really up for some cd decks for better quality recordin n shit, jus wonderin if anyone knows any decent quality decks that arent guna destroy my bank balance. bin using my mates pioneer 100 and 200 setup but theyre like £300+, any ideas iv not really used any others? thanks for any help.

got a couple off stanton t60s with the 500 v3 needles and behringer djx750. recordins not the only reason either im gettin raped by redeye on vinyl, spendin like 40-60 quid a time n thought it was time to get digital.

Only problem with buying cheap cd decks is that, coming from viynl, you'll master them fucking quickly - if you wanna start using looping and effects i suggest saving up for a decent pair say cdj-400s and that way you'll have more to do after you've mastered the original transition if u get what i mean. Pioneer have been releasing loads of new decks recently you should check out their website - these guys know what they're talking about too http://www.decks.co.uk/

Only problem with buying cheap cd decks is that, coming from viynl, you'll master them fucking quickly - if you wanna start using looping and effects i suggest saving up for a decent pair say cdj-400s and that way you'll have more to do after you've mastered the original transition if u get what i mean. Pioneer have been releasing loads of new decks recently you should check out their website - these guys know what they're talking about too http://www.decks.co.uk/

What Scat said, save up for some decent ones. There's plenty of good CDJs with effects, I love the effects on mine and as he said you'll need something else to do as well as just mixing.

What Scat said, save up for some decent ones. There's plenty of good CDJs with effects, I love the effects on mine and as he said you'll need something else to do as well as just mixing.

what set-up you got? I know I sahll be slated for this but does anyone know how to get the klaxon sound effect like this - (0.39)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
yeha - those decks look pretty sweet actually, viynl emmulation is a bit shit tho imo. I have it and rarely use it

I have cdj 400's and I would recommend them to anyone, don't get rid of your turntables though, as alot of tracks take a long time to come out on digital release

Last edited:
Yeah I used to hate the idea of mixing on cd decks, but now that ive got some they're fucking wicked, it's so much easier to organize a bunch of CDs versus 500 vinyls, but I still find myself buying all my favorite tracks on vinyl as soon as they promo, and I wait for the tracks that aren't quite as good to come out on mp3

im getting shot of my turntables and all my tunes coz im in serious need of money at the moment. Im gonna replace em with the CDJ in a box set from numark then change to 3 pioneer 800s when im back on my feet money wise.

one big big advantage to playin CDs (for me anyway) is that me and alot of my mates produce tunes so ive got a nice quick way of getting a track from the studio to the club, also i've contacted a few producers on some of the unsigned music sites, if you give em a bit of respect and tell em that you will put their name out there most of em are too happy to give u some of their stuff... that way when u get sent a right little gem no1 can work out where its come from.

Back
Top Bottom