CD deck problems any ideas?

Salva D

I just added a CD deck to my set up which is a 3 channel mixer and 2 x 1210's but the CD deck comes out so much louder than my technics. I have to have the gain turned right down on the channel and have the up fader halfway down for it to be at the same level as my decks. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is? it would be much apprecieated.

I just added a CD deck to my set up which is a 3 channel mixer and 2 x 1210's but the CD deck comes out so much louder than my technics. I have to have the gain turned right down on the channel and have the up fader halfway down for it to be at the same level as my decks. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is? it would be much apprecieated.

you probly need to swtich the input from Phono to Line, if you dont have that option, unplug the CDJ, you will fuk your mixer

The only option i got on the channel its in is line so it cant be that. the CDJ is a citronic MPCD X1 i was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem im guessing its prob the mixer?

well my CDJ's (pioneer 200's) are louder than my technics but only by like half a turn on the gains. so other than the cdj actually just being louder my guess would be the mixer.

the mixer is a numark DM3050 and is getting on a bit im looking to upgrade to an allen and heath Xone 64 or pioneer DJM 700 but they are really pricey and it will take me a while to get the money together so in the meantime i wanna try and get this fixed.

2001003050.jpg

From your original post it really really sounds like you've got it going through phono which is quite a few decibels louder than line in. Nothing else would explain such a huge difference in volume. If you aren't trolling then make a video of the problem and what wires are going where. I can instantly replicate your problems by playing the cdj through the phono which makes me think that's the problem...also the only channel with one option is a phono one.

Thanks for that there must be a print error on my mixer because where that sais channel 2 is a phono on mine it says line so may be its just named wrong i will try and stick it tin one of the other channels thanks mate appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom