Cd artwork

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
i have to create a cd cover for an album we are making at collage and i just wanted sum ideas on how people go about doing it themselfs, i dont have photoshop but can get hold of it no problem. i alos have to create an original logo for a record label as part of the project and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on that. cheers in advance.

theres thousands of ways of producing these things, but graphic design is an artform and and altho theres no right or wrong, there is good and bad. U dnt have to photoshop anything, (though of cours it helps) but if your not confident with your graphic design skills then take this best piece of advise, DON'T TRY AND ATTEMPT ANYTHING YOU CAN'T PULL OFF PROFFESIONALLY. ie. use what you have to your advantage and dont make it out to be something it's not, if ur working with budget equipment and so on then make it have a budget and authentic look. If you have a camera maybe some clever photography or drawings? safe

is it an actual college project of just a bit of fun?

its an actual collage project, they said that we can just do sketches but im working on an album at the mo anyway and thought i might aswell do it properly and kill 2 birds with one stone, thing is i dont really know how to use photo shop all that well, i just want a sort of abstract backround, really coulorful kind of like the hold your colour album by pendushit but obviously different. also a kind of graffiti style font with the title and shit. does this sound stupidly hard for me to do or is there hope for me lol

i have to create a cd cover for an album we are making at collage and i just wanted sum ideas on how people go about doing it themselfs, i dont have photoshop but can get hold of it no problem. i alos have to create an original logo for a record label as part of the project and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on that. cheers in advance.

Get in touch with Lokki, he might give you some advice.

http://dnbforum.com/member.php?u=878

The amount of photoshop tutorials on the internet will really get you started with layers and all that. Photoshop may look daunting but it is actually incrediblely simple to use.

For a graffti style font or whatever check out www.1001freefonts.com or www.urbanfonts.com

For an easy place to start, use a photograph then edit it using the Filter Gallery, this will produce some nice effects and Photoshop gives you options to tweak them around a bit.

Its a bit hard to talk you through it all, my advice is get photoshop, import an image and just mess around with it.

wicked, cheers guys you helped alot, i will upload it when its done so you can then slate how terrible it is lmao

This is one my creations ive been working on recently, that and my sig

breakcorecopy1ev8.jpg

i cant look at them coz im at work, just comes up with boxes with a red x in the middle, i will have a ganders when i get home mate, what is it anyway a cd cover?

nah just an illustation i made in my spare time.

Most of my work is at college

Back
Top Bottom