DnB Casting Shadows (Liquid WIP) Feedback needed.

JamesDetached

Hi guys,

First of all I want to thank everyone for the feedback I have received on previous projects. It has really helped me to identify issues I was having with my own skill level and my room acoustics.

This is something I have been working on over the last few days and was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on the elements / if everythings gelling well / ideas on how to stop it from sounding so simple.

I'm at a bit of sticking point with what to add to keep it interesting. I have some vocal's lined up but I end up spending way too long on picking one haha.

It's been mastered on a low setting with LANDR (I will be doing it properly after) as my mix level was so low I had to have my Audiobox nearly at max settings (bad habit I am working on)

Many thanks!

Hello James, j listened to ur track a few times, like the chilled jazzy atmosphere a lot. Very well flowing a nice smooth sound. Please allow me to ask: are the drums a loop? The only variation I can hear is start/stop of the drums, nothing else. That's fine, it's your track, in fact I'd be interested from which pack you got the loop, it sounds very well processed. I wouldn't change much of your track, I think it's good to go, maybe u can add some vocals to it, esp. In the break. Up to you. Good work overall, this track is much likeable :)

Hello James, j listened to ur track a few times, like the chilled jazzy atmosphere a lot. Very well flowing a nice smooth sound. Please allow me to ask: are the drums a loop? The only variation I can hear is start/stop of the drums, nothing else. That's fine, it's your track, in fact I'd be interested from which pack you got the loop, it sounds very well processed. I wouldn't change much of your track, I think it's good to go, maybe u can add some vocals to it, esp. In the break. Up to you. Good work overall, this track is much likeable :)

I'm glad you're feeling the vibe I'm trying to go for!

The drums I have left simple as I have some variation / edits planned. There's 2 kicks / 2 snares / 1 set of closed hats + 2 shakers / a rimshot on the first snare and a bongo on the 2nd + the "Don't go Jungle break" I spent quite a lot of time trying to get the drums to come through as this is something I have had some issues with in the past (I also high pass majority of my hits)

I'm gonna start throwing some ideas about now and see if I can keep it minimal but a little bit more interesting!

many thanks!

Hey James! Love the jazz vibe! The trumpet sound good! The fx sound at 2.19 is good it gives the track an extra mysterious touch. And indeed you can put some vocals in the track. I was thinking maybe you can add a piano solo in the second part of your track that would fit the jazz vibe very well :) I agree with maschinistorm, overall its a great track and much likeable!

Hi James, very cool track. I like the vibe. I think what Mentor & Moore said about adding a piano solo in the second part is a brilliant idea. try jamming a bit on it and see what you get. Regarding the vocals, I don't know why but I have an intuition that Chilly Gonzales' voice (or someone with a similar voice) would fit on the track (for example at 3:00)
Something a bit like in this song

You could sample an interview of him or something. Just an idea that came to my mind :razz:

Hey James! Love the jazz vibe! The trumpet sound good! The fx sound at 2.19 is good it gives the track an extra mysterious touch. And indeed you can put some vocals in the track. I was thinking maybe you can add a piano solo in the second part of your track that would fit the jazz vibe very well :) I agree with maschinistorm, overall its a great track and much likeable!

Glad you're feeling the vibe I'm going for M&M. I've spent the last few days experimenting with the idea of a Piano Solo in the second half and things around sounding really interesting. Much appreciated on the idea, when I've finished the track I will be posting it for free so I will post in here when it's done!

Hi James, very cool track. I like the vibe. I think what Mentor & Moore said about adding a piano solo in the second part is a brilliant idea. try jamming a bit on it and see what you get. Regarding the vocals, I don't know why but I have an intuition that Chilly Gonzales' voice (or someone with a similar voice) would fit on the track (for example at 3:00)
Something a bit like in this song

You could sample an interview of him or something. Just an idea that came to my mind :razz:

I hadn't thought of adding something like an interview with a ton of Reverb for that extra air of mystery about the tune itself. Thanks for the input I'm gonna mess about with vocals and will see what I can steal from Chilly ha! I found some old recordings of ambiance I recorded when I was out in Japan so I'm gonna experiment with them too. Thanks for taking the time to listen and for the feedback it's really appreciated.

Glad you're feeling the vibe I'm going for M&M. I've spent the last few days experimenting with the idea of a Piano Solo in the second half and things around sounding really interesting. Much appreciated on the idea, when I've finished the track I will be posting it for free so I will post in here when it's done!

I hadn't thought of adding something like an interview with a ton of Reverb for that extra air of mystery about the tune itself. Thanks for the input I'm gonna mess about with vocals and will see what I can steal from Chilly ha! I found some old recordings of ambiance I recorded when I was out in Japan so I'm gonna experiment with them too. Thanks for taking the time to listen and for the feedback it's really appreciated.
Can't wait to hear the result! :D

Loving the vibe on the second half James ! nice work. I think you can give it just a little more variation. Also the vocal at 3:40 is very good, I'd add a delay on the "go" to make it last a little longer on the drop :)

Loving the vibe on the second half James ! nice work. I think you can give it just a little more variation. Also the vocal at 3:40 is very good, I'd add a delay on the "go" to make it last a little longer on the drop :)

Thanks dude really appreciate it.

I know it seems trivial to be asking for feedback and help in regards to variation but I feel like this is one of my main issues with making music of living life in a loop and struggling to break from the cycle.

I'm off work now for a little while so I'm really going to pound this project out and see what I can get from it.

Thanks again for the help and for taking the time to listen!

Back
Top Bottom