Carts & Stylus

sparkyc10

Kentish Junglist
VIP Junglist
I've decided to shell out a half decent amount of money for some quality cartridges and needles. has anyone got any personal recomendations or any info, good or bad on any that they have used themselves? any comments very welcome. cheers :2thumbs:

I have the Ortifon silver nightclub series carts. I bought them over a year ago and they've been working great without the need for a needle change. Its the second best cart they offer, the better one is much more expensive and has an increased output level.

http://www.topdjgear.com/orconieset.html

b220115.jpg

are good for me

I`m using the Concorde DJ S's at the moment and they're much better than the last pair of Stanton,

Not got em, but I've heard very good things about the Concorde DJ Ss.

End of the way, only way you're going to find a cart that you feel truly suited to is by going into a shop that sells this stuff and comparing each one on a very demanding piece of vinyl side-by-side / one after another. That's definitely how I'd do it if I was going to make an ongoing investment like this, I want top quality for my hard cash.

Course, I'd also buy some moving coil carts for home listening, cause they have a more balanced output, but that's the technophile in me emerging. :geek:

get the carl cox numark cs-1's i think their the ones ive got, they shit on all other carts spec wise and when i bought em 6 months ago it was £70 for a pair, and they got heavy low end freq. :banana:

I love my shure whitelabels.

They're not really for turtablists, but if you want to care for your vinyl, they're the shizzle.

Never skip on me, and I've got them so light. Anyone who mixes on my decks is taken back.

Back
Top Bottom