carnal motive - 2 tracks

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by djdro, Apr 30, 2007.

1. djdro

djdro Member

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. djdro

djdro Member

have a listen people, gladly accept any feedback solong as it doesnt regard to the mixdown or mastering, cuz im fully aware. just figure its good to post some of my stuff before i crituque others tunes.

3. djdro

djdro Member

dur dur dur dur dur:gun: c'mon peeps. gimme something. i know somone listened. lol.

4. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

I listened to the tunes through the link, to be honest I dont like em but thats just my opinion, they sound good quality but I generally dont like that type of dnb. That said they are good just not for me, keep it up though.

5. djdro

djdro Member

thnx, i proly shouldve mentioned that they are quite hard:gslayer:

6. M. Progression

M. Progression Member

What am I - good breaks, I do think though that your main drumline sounds like it has no variation, almost like it's a rex file sample that hasn't been disected with a drum machine. Your main drumline should have some variation to it because it's the drumline you keep reverting back to. That's just a technical thing. None the less hard beatz & bass, if your into dylan and freak sounds this would be up your alley.

Internal Hemmorage- technically better than the one above, lots of tricks in this one. Good use of the sampling and a snare basher as well. You must extend this track it looks like only a minute and a half.

Wrecked - Another quick piece of work, needs to be extended. Good sampling, a little more melodic in nature than the other two. Hard as F*** as well. You should spend more time with this one and with Internal Hemmorage. Keep up the good work.

If you haven't already, you guys should listen to the new mix cd from Knowledge with dylan - theropy sessions. That should give you the latest, hardcore basher drumlines that will give you some ideas about variation on the drumlines.

Respect

M. Progression________

"Risk" - You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

7. djdro

djdro Member

very much appreciate your comments bro. exactly what i was waiting for. internal hemmorhage and wrecked are just snippets from versions that are still very much in the process of being completed. i know putting up unfinished tracks and asking for comments is kinda whack, but i do appreciate it. i didnt even want to put what am i up, as it represents what we were doing months ago, we have learned a few things since then, but i dont make all the choices. lol.

8. DRDN

DRDN I Bleed DNB

If anyone is still paying attention to this post - Check www.myspace.com/carnalmotive for 2 other tunes he have in the works: Strait jacket & Fuck yeah. Both works in progress, but way better then the tunes we formally had on the page. The Docks and Body Broken never really got finished and we haven't worked on those for over 8 months - so don't hold thos against us! ;]