DnB Car speakers for drum n bass...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23164

right.

im getting the whole sound system in my car professionally replaced.

before i go ahead with it. i need to know if the speakers recommended to me can handle drum n bass.

deep subs is the main issue i guess.. gotta be able to handle abit of dillinja na meen ;)

sub - P3SD4-8 - spec
front speakers - T1652 - spec
rear speakers - T16 - spec

if you must know, amp for sub is PBR300 & amp for speakers is T600-4... but guy in the shop knows his shit.. hes old man.. they amps will power the speakers easy.

and please can no-one diss my choice of manufacturer.. :finger2:

rockford-fosgate-03.jpg

I'd go for a bigger sub driver myself, I prefer the detail from a 10"+ driver (or a 15/18" if it'l fit lol) - that said, probly doesnt matter in a car, which isnt exactly designed to form proper sub waves

I'd go for a bigger sub driver myself, I prefer the detail from a 10"+ driver (or a 15/18" if it'l fit lol) - that said, probly doesnt matter in a car, which isnt exactly designed to form proper sub waves

sub driver?? who dat?

sub has to be 8". no bigger no smaller.

driver is just technical speak for the 'speaker', not including the box/housing

fair enough, u'll get a fair amount of bass out of an 8" driver - dont expect a perfectly clear 30hz rumble tho

dont worry about those numbers - tbh the frequency response depends on a wide range of factors, it might be that your car is just the right shape to pump out 30hz without any drop-off, then again it might have trouble doing 50hz without a 9db drop off - its a car system tho, not a studio setup, i'm being geeky about it which is pointless in a car

dont worry about those numbers - tbh the frequency response depends on a wide range of factors, it might be that your car is just the right shape to pump out 30hz without any drop-off, then again it might have trouble doing 50hz without a 9db drop off - its a car system tho, not a studio setup, i'm being geeky about it which is pointless in a car

hmmm. intresting.

I really dont think the sub in the parcel shelf is a good idea, its gonna put out a LOT of vibration and probably make your car fart like a fucker.

You usually get most of the bottom end through the housing enclosure of the sub, thats the reason all after market sub packages have a box. Youre gonna need it with an 8" sub too.

my recommendation would be to get a new head unit that supports all the connectivity youre after + RCA phono outs on the back for the sub.
Then get an aftermarket sub package, go for a 12".

Standard car speakers are fine for most music, they just lack the bass.

agreed on the parcel shelf, having a good housing for the sub driver will reduce the amount of power needed to get it pumping hard, dont want to be running it at 300w only for it to sound like 10

also - the sub speaker setup should be double the rated power of the rest of the speakers, assuming all your full range speakers are 75W each X 4 = 300w of full range, that means you want at least 600w of sub - this isnt about putting out nearly 1k of sound, its just about getting the balance right, you dont want to have to crank up the bass end and risk damaging your sub driver with distortion - 2 of those sub drivers will probly do the trick, maybe an expensive way to go about it tho

If you are intent on putting it in the parcel shelf then get a proper one made up of MDF if you have not got one already.
i am.. don't want a box.

standard one is made of metal.

what if i use a foam spacer. or two. that wud stop the vibration wouldn't it?

Back
Top Bottom