Car Audio

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by mISHKA, May 3, 2006.

1. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Calling all car audiophiles

After giving my standard car system a real beasting over the last few months I think its time to upgrade, Im after something that;

- Has deep, punchy bass
    - Crisp - but not ear piercing - highs
    - Pronounced midrange, but not too loud

Also any help on sound deadening/insulation and cabling would save me a lot of time, cheers

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

My CD player/radio was nicked on Friday night, bastards bent the top of the passenger door back and opened the door with ease, doh!

3. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Rainbow or Hertz 165 speakers with an Audison amplifier & a good subwoofer (second hand JBL) and you're sorted. In car audio money = quality (as with all types of audio equipment) so you have to spend to have decent sound BUT you don't have to go the audiophile route.

Sound deadening = get it done professionally, they'll also sort out the cables.

The head is actually the least important part of the setup, most midprice units are exactly the same and you won't hear the difference. Do not sacrifice speaker or amplifier quality for a flash head.

Did my car last week and its fantastic.

4. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Also you don't need a kilowatt of sound...about 300 wattss ought to be enough...though sure I'll get dissed 4 sayoing it o_O