Capsika - Romans Rerub (liquid)

Capsika

Liquid Roller
Hey, I'm pretty much new to this forum so this is my first thread! Just finished a track now called Romans Re-Rub, which is a remake of a tune I did a year and 4 months or something ago. The tune sounded shit but I liked the general feel of it so felt like coming back to it and remaking it from the ground up. Any feedback would be great! Cheers.

http://www.dnbshare.com/download/romansrerub.mp3.html

320kbps, 14.58mb (I'll upload a lower quality version if anyone doesn't like it being so big!)

Made in Logic Pro 8

love it matey - love the vocals anyway so you were onto a winner with me from the start and I reckon you've done them justice - bass and reece sound good and hold the liquid vibe nicely - good fills too and the vocal isn't over used it comes in and out just when you want it to......I am listening on ipod headphones though so canna really comment on how sonically good it is, but the vibe is wicked - I reckon you could get label interest if you can get the sample cleared!!! congrats you should be chuffed :)

yeah, brilliant tune

edit: cept for the bass warps, i didnt think much of them. a suggestion would be to re do the warps or just get rid of that element altogether

Last edited:
@ thin king: Cheers man! Really appreciate the kind comments :)

@ logikz: Thanks :) What do you mean by the bass warps? The "drop" bass or the kind of distorted-cutoff-filter-envelope-midrange-bass thing? Not good at describing sounds! I've personally called the track "grungy whops". Whop whop whop whop etc.

Locked......

Drums in intro sound quite nice, snare almost sounds a little off for me, quantise them see if it helps, if not then its me being a nugget but i am sure they just need quantising

The sounds and atmos in intro are beautiful, as is the vocal.

Drops in really nice too. Some nice fills too, as the vocal came in i thought it might be a tad too loud and upfront

I agree with Logikz about the warmps, i like the sound but think note placement coulc be more....interesting.

All in all bro, imo a very good tune

by the end of it im sure the snare hits are slightly off

Get in on it again and post the results!!

Big ups

:)

Cheers for the feedback fellas, as for the snare being out of time, I'm not really sure about it, I think one of the snare samples may have a couple of milliseconds at the beginning before it peaks but I don't know how much difference it makes changing the starting point... Or it could be one of the break layers is slightly out of time... dunno, I'll look at it in depth a bit more later. And as for the whops, I don't really know what to do with them. Is it the rhythmic pattern that's crappy or the sound of it within the mix? Or the placement in the composition?

Thanks for the comments though, really appreciate it! :)

Back
Top Bottom