Capsika - 1,001 Questions

wow! epical... intro was really really clever, liked it A+ for originality on that front! i dont like liquid, but i could defo blaze a zootalor to this (y)

cant say anything negative really, sent this out to labels yet?

Cheers guys :)

Planning on sending it out, yeah. Got a massive slightly-autistic-written list of label info that I need to run through! Hah.

Thanks again for the kind comments!

nice musical track - snare feels too chunky for this style though - it doesn't need to be beefy like jump up - only my opinion though,
others will differ. the first snare hit on the drop needs the velocity lowered as it sounds much louder than the rest which get normalised
by the rest of the instruments when it all plays together. hope that makes sense.

you may have to loose some of the samples too - no way even a big label is going to pay for the licensing for this track.

DM

Last edited:
you may have to loose some of the samples too - no way even a big label is going to pay for the licensing for this track.

Again, nice one on the feedback lad :)

As far as the samples go, it's only really the single marvin gaye phrase, which i think is so short that it wouldn't be a problem as far as licensing goes. The other sample, the jazz compere, is from a record from 1943 or something, and every other sample is so subtle that I don't think anyone would be able to pinpoint it (let me know if it's any different!) The piano bit at the beginning is a combination of 3 different old records where I've chopped out single piano notes, resampled and mangled them, there's some old crackle and cheering too. But other than that, and obviously breaks, I can't think of any other problematic samples? :)

Although admittedly the one sample is from columbia, parent company being DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUH, SONY BMG! But are you telling me you haven't heard any other dnb tracks with a 3 or 4 second vocal sample from an old motown record? :)

Although admittedly the one sample is from columbia, parent company being DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUH, SONY BMG! But are you telling me you haven't heard any other dnb tracks with a 3 or 4 second vocal sample from an old motown record? :)

only white labels - which is my point about it limiting a proper release.

i'm of the opinion that if you do use long samples from famous music then you should just pimp it for free as a digital promo
or release it white label if you have the contacts.

you know it's never going to get a full release, so just let as many people hear it as possible.

all record labels are downsizing and streamlining there business models and the little amount of money in it for everyone except
the 2 or 3 major D&B players would not allow for 5 figure sample licensing.

if it sounded like a track that was going to sell 20,000 vinyl units and the same again in digital then maybe... just maybe.

again, great work though - i'm loving the motown influence - i've been working with some Willie Hutch stuff recently.

what DAW(s) are you using? i would be interested in collaborating on this kind of sound.

I agree, which is why I gave out the Warren G remix as a free download, but honestly i've heard dnb songs with similar sampling on both the larger and smaller labels.

Cheers again :) I'm using logic. You? Def up for a collab- aim Capsika1

Back
Top Bottom