Capo / sly - black jack ep - higher stakes

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by mistasfx, Jan 1, 2014.

1. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

Just took a listen to this ep and I felt sick.

Sly has got very lazy with his tunes and this ep shows this. They're the same lazy tunes he rewinds one after the other.

Guess what sly, no one in the crowd love the tunes and everyone's sick of the constant rewinds.

Older sly over new stuff all day

Rant over

2. Large Marge

Large Marge garbage truck

older sly as in tracks like what? His style hasn't really changed much in the past 5/6 yrs imo.

3. WhoSayReload?

WhoSayReload? Well-Known Member

I was having this conversation with my brother the other day, tbf I think he's only got really shit this year. He has got some tunes like Badman Sound, Ere Dis, 5th Dimension, And The Beat Goes remix

- - - Updated - - -

That Hot Gyal Riddim though what the fuck is that haha. That SOLÉS would be a good tune if it weren't for his wank drums

4. Large Marge

Large Marge garbage truck

yeah doesn't really need jump up drums on that.
    Critycal Dub & DJ Chap flipped the same sample a while back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36RXniFWeAA

btw I like pretty much all of sly's tunes. can see why some people don't though...

5. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

Yeah pretty much pre 2008 lol

He's never been outstanding, has made some OK jump up but surely he can't be sitting in his studio happy with his work he's doing now.

If it weren't for sdc he wouldn't get booking

6. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

You do know he uses this site right?!

I have to agree his sounds hav'nt changed much. As for the reloads they can get abit out of hand

Last time I seen SDC Shaydee was singing over his vocal tracks through most the set and tbh it was all abit karaoke for me

I miss hearing Bassman Trigga Spyda tearing the roof off over different sets so much. Now its like the Sly Bassman Trigga Shaydee showcase EVERYGODAMNTIME Shaydee singing over most his and sly vocal tracks through most the set

Not feeling the way they are doing things at the minute but I will always have luv for SDC been listening to them for far too long to just give up so I got hope