Can't hear my vinyl ?!

Kibon

Blaze It Down !
VIP Junglist
I recently bought the Eric Prydz - Piano vinyl with the High Contrast remix but apperently the sound of the vinyl is verry quiet, when I want to mix it in you don't even hear it comin' trough.. Is this normal or is could there be something wrong with the vinyl ?

I recently bought the Eric Prydz - Piano vinyl with the High Contrast remix but apperently the sound of the vinyl is verry quiet, when I want to mix it in you don't even hear it comin' trough.. Is this normal or is could there be something wrong with the vinyl ?

Try turning the gain up, what I always do is use the led display to level my tunes out before I bring them in, I tend to put the need after the drop an turn the gain untill the tune is about to hit red, then have the other track set the same, an when you bring the tunes in you know there gonna be level.

If that makes sense

Some tracks are cut quieter than others. This goes for vinyl, CD and digital files.
You need to boost the gain on that channel so that they match.
Hope that helps.

Try turning the gain up, what I always do is use the led display to level my tunes out before I bring them in, I tend to put the need after the drop an turn the gain untill the tune is about to hit red, then have the other track set the same, an when you bring the tunes in you know there gonna be level.

If that makes sense

regards the levels on the mixer that is not 100 percent accurate ie: i have had them spot on when mixing before and still some rare tunes are louder weather your levels are the same or not but, in the main they are good for that and are pretty spot on most times.

There was another thread started about this tune by Jay Walker:

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=52183

It seems that vinyl pressing is shite and at a really low volume! So in answer to your question its this particualr vinyl pressing so not a fat lot you can do other than whack your gain, like has been suggested by the other forum headz!

Back
Top Bottom