cant get any more beginner than me

stannyzs

complete nub
i've just bought my new desktop and laptop and was wondering what program i can use to make some proper dark beats, with really sludgy/rolling bass etc.

any help will be much appreciated

for dark beats is best to use "Darkiton". id advice against "Jump", unless you want to make wobble step.
It is crucial that you use each program for that style of music. if you mix them, you shall fail. and ofcourse if you believed a single word of what i just said you are very naive..

on a more serious note, since you're an absolute beginner, its easy to get confused, with people suggesting different software according to their liking and workflow. in a nutshell, it goes down like this: The propellerhead Reason is very easy program to get to grips with, and when in talented hands, it can produce great music. its brilliant for beginners, although i personally find it limiting in the long run.
The other option would be a traditional sequencer, like Cubase, Logic, and the brilliant Reaper. This allow you to manipulate audio in more detail than Reason, but the downside to this is that unlike Reason, it doesnt come with many instruments and effects, which means that you'll have to search for your own.

I know that the above may sound like gibberish to you,but thats part of the learning process.. Keep reading articles on sites like ours, Dogsonacid, dubstepforum, and of course KVR, which is an invaluable resource for computer musicians. Your goal is to find articles with terms that you dont understand, and then try to find more information on these subjects through using the search function, and of course asking on the boards.
so yeah, welcome, good luck, and dont be afraid to ask about anything that you cant find information on.
(y)

Well any DAW will do, just depends on personal preference. But in the end, they all do the same thing, its your creativity that makes them different. Try downloading a few demos and play around with them. Find which one you feel most comfortable with. The main ones that get used around here are reason, cubase, fl studio and ableton.

I used reason for 3 years from v2.5 to v.4
Played with FL8 for 3 months,
But now im using Cubase 5 and loving it =]
Best advice id say is,
Use whatever tickles your pickle
Try the demos and see what helps you bring out what you want =]
But most of all watch alotta youtube guides =]
Youll be amazed at what youll learn
Hope this helps

most people start off with one of these; fruity loops, reason, albeton, or reaper and then i think its fair to say most producers move up to logic and cubase when theyr gettin more professional (mainly because of the price of these programs)

Ableton is amazingly diverse and has a ton of tutorials available to make learning alot easier. At first it seemed extremely overwhelming but i've been using it for probably a year now and I love it. It seems less confusing to me than the other programs. But like everyone else says, it's all about personal preference in the end... I believe that all of the music production programs are capable of producing the same thing in the end.

for dark beats is best to use "Darkiton". id advice against "Jump", unless you want to make wobble step.
It is crucial that you use each program for that style of music. if you mix them, you shall fail. and ofcourse if you believed a single word of what i just said you are very naive..

on a more serious note, since you're an absolute beginner, its easy to get confused, with people suggesting different software according to their liking and workflow. in a nutshell, it goes down like this: The propellerhead Reason is very easy program to get to grips with, and when in talented hands, it can produce great music. its brilliant for beginners, although i personally find it limiting in the long run.
The other option would be a traditional sequencer, like Cubase, Logic, and the brilliant Reaper. This allow you to manipulate audio in more detail than Reason, but the downside to this is that unlike Reason, it doesnt come with many instruments and effects, which means that you'll have to search for your own.

I know that the above may sound like gibberish to you,but thats part of the learning process.. Keep reading articles on sites like ours, Dogsonacid, dubstepforum, and of course KVR, which is an invaluable resource for computer musicians. Your goal is to find articles with terms that you dont understand, and then try to find more information on these subjects through using the search function, and of course asking on the boards.
so yeah, welcome, good luck, and dont be afraid to ask about anything that you cant find information on.
(y)

hilarious!

The other advice is spot on.... listen to the man OP, he knows what he's talking about.

@ Logikz

the newest cubase can do nearly everything + more than abelton can an a hell of a lot easier. A friend of mine showed me a few things and its gona be my next move, IF i change from fruity.

an Gordo's spot on, an if you dont realise it now you will at some point in your production journey :D

Back
Top Bottom