Can't buy Camo & Krooked's Eternity rmx bc I live ine the States?

stremf561

I finally found a site that has a WAV version of this and they claim they have territory restrictions and can't sell it to me bc I live in the US. wtf? Does anyone know where (or how) I could grab this?

legally: i don't think you have any permission to own this, because you know if someone else would buy it and then give it or sell it to you, it would be illeagal..no? you can't own a digital file, therefore have no rights to distrubute it.

...but if you manage to buy it from someplace, then it's all good of course

Last edited:
Why would anyone restrict where their tunes can be downloaded? Maybe there are other laws involved that I don't know about but if someone wants a tune and they can't get it legally the likelihood is they'll just download it some place else and the artist will miss out on money that they would've had

Why would anyone restrict where their tunes can be downloaded? Maybe there are other laws involved that I don't know about but if someone wants a tune and they can't get it legally the likelihood is they'll just download it some place else and the artist will miss out on money that they would've had

Sadly this does happen from time to time.

Sample clearences

Why would it anyway? It is an official remix and I'm pretty sure that they didn't sample anything, possibly/probably just the drums from samplepacks. The pvd album had some weird release history anyway... It was released in America months ago and just recently in Europe (and rest of the world?). The Eternity single (without remixes) was released in America before the initial album release (I'm pretty sure on a different label) and this Eternity single which includes remixes came out on 3Beat. I'm sure it has something to do with this weird situation.

-cool story!

You can change the country you're from on Trackitdown and then you can buy it. Just go into your account and temporarily change it to UK, buy it, then change your country back once you're done. I have done this a few times myself.

Massive artists like Paul Van Dyk have their tunes licensed out to various labels/territories throughout the world. If you look up say Eric Prydz, in the US he's on Ultra Records (biggest dance label in North America), but in UK he's on MOS. The C&K remix is linked to 3beat so they would be the licensee in the UK for this release and thus only have a license to sell in the their territory (UK). They may have also comissioned the remix themselves.

You can change the country you're from on Trackitdown and then you can buy it. Just go into your account and temporarily change it to UK, buy it, then change your country back once you're done. I have done this a few times myself.

YES! I just made a new acct w/ a fake address in the UK and paid w/ paypal and I was able to download it. Big, Big thanks.

And thanks to EVERYONE for responding!

Back
Top Bottom