Can't afford new mixer, anyone got tips on DIY?

Welsh Junglist

AKA Faqade
VIP Junglist
The last few days my mixer has been a bit weird, channel 1 sounds good and clear but channel 2 is sounding a bit fucked, it sounds like the mid and treble are turned down a bit if you get me, like the output is muffled? if thats the right word? I've taken the face off it and cleaned it inside (being careful as hell) and cleaned my stylus's, tonearm connectors, stylus wires/connectors, everything, I bought a new cable for the output on my mixer and still nothing. Has anyone got anything else I can try cause it's pecking my head lol, or any tips on checking resistors/capacitors inside the mixer cause I can't find shit on google about that sort of stuff. If someone can help it will be very much appreciated!!(y)

If you can't afford a new one, why not build one out of paper and glue? Then you can even make it with 4 channels and draw in cool button that normal mixers don't have! :mr_cool:

I might try that, I've got loads of glue left over from making my own christmas decorations and I can get paper from the local recycling bins, thanks man.

I might try that, I've got loads of glue left over from making my own christmas decorations and I can get paper from the local recycling bins, thanks man.

Just remember to include a "EMEREGENECEY! ButtONZ!!" which when enabled cuts all songs to silence and plays Machete. That should hyper the crowd

Just remember to include a "EMEREGENECEY! ButtONZ!!" which when enabled cuts all songs to silence and plays Machete. That should hyper the crowd

Wow, what an amazing idea, why not just have a pre-recorded loop of machete and have a button that just loops it for an hour while you sit back and enjoy a brew :)

It is a Reloop RMX-30
217050reloopppgw8.th.jpg

I emailed Reloop about 2 months ago and ain't got no reply, just wondering if anyone has fixed a mixer themselves?

I have the reloop rmx 20.. had some problems with it a while ago.. there was this constant white noise over my sound, i just fixed it by turning down the mic.. but i guess this doesn't look like your problem..

My girlfriend had a very similar problem yesterday, i thought it was the mixer at first but it turns out there was a problem with the earthing wire from the deck. Check it's all earthed properly, hope that helps man

Yeh I've checked all the wiring and everything man, I even took the faders out of the mixer, de-soldered them and cleaned all the grime n shit from inside them. I thought it was my cartridge/stylus but managed to work out after a while that my speakers are on the way out :( at least my faders are sweet as fuck now! So I'm off tomorrow to get a refund on my hifi that I only bought like a month ago and get myself some new speakers and an amp with the money, I'm thinking that's my best option because I don't think a hifi is the best option for my decks, I definately need an amp. Thanks for the replies though.

Mate, it sounds like you are competent with the standard DIY stuff (cleaning the faders is the best you can do). I'd suggest going to a local hi-fi repair shop.

Electrical cleaning spray. Feels a bit wrong unloading a can of aerosol onto your mixer but trust me that stuff is the sizzle. Also look closely (i use an eye glass at work) at all the connections on the board. Check for anything that looks out of the ordinary, especially at the output posts. I'd much rather spend an hour looking for that pesky burnt out resistor than spend £200 notes on a new mixer.

That's just me though

I've sorted it anyway now everyone, was my fucking speakers on the way out. I took my mixer apart and took the faders apart using a soldering iron and cleaned the tracks/connectors inside them, glad I did it now because my mixer is like new even though it was my speakers in the end!

Back
Top Bottom