Cannibis Legal!!!!

jungle_fever

VIP Junglist

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that has a hammer
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
To be honest, this is a good step on something that isn't harmful to anyone, at least not as harmful as other "legalized" drugs like alcohol and cigarrettes. Now the problem is: there's still some taboo about marijuana in other latin-american countries, as Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and so on.

Historically and culturally speaking, those countries tend to put the users on the same bag as the drug dealers. They get arrested for using it, or even planting it.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
historic day jordan, yeah, few things have been so historical as today.

can you still get done for weed in america? and i dont mean colorado

jimjimjim

oldskool
VIP Junglist
It will be interesting to see whether or not the amount of cannabis users increase.
hmm dont think they would know the numbers that well before. as it was illegal.
but having to register to smoke they will know exactly now. so yeah it will go up.
and who cares if it does?
good for uruguay - shame on the rest of the world for being so backwards about it.

hmm dont think they would know the numbers that well before. as it was illegal.
but having to register to smoke they will know exactly now. so yeah it will go up.
and who cares if it does?
good for uruguay - shame on the rest of the world for being so backwards about it.
Well obviously that would have to be accounted for, and it's interesting because that is one of the major arguments against the legalisation of drugs - that everyone will start talking them. I don't personally think that's true though, but I could be wrong.

Dugg Funnie

VIP Junglist
Well obviously that would have to be accounted for, and it's interesting because that is one of the major arguments against the legalisation of drugs - that everyone will start talking them. I don't personally think that's true though, but I could be wrong.
And it's a shitty argument considering how many people drink and smoke legally, then consequently go commit murders.

To be honest, this is a good step on something that isn't harmful to anyone, at least not as harmful as other "legalized" drugs like alcohol and cigarrettes. Now the problem is: there's still some taboo about marijuana in other latin-american countries, as Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and so on.

Historically and culturally speaking, those countries tend to put the users on the same bag as the drug dealers. They get arrested for using it, or even planting it.
While it is illegal its can indirectly be harmful , hence the need to legalise

Well, anything can be harmful. If you smoke 4 packs of marlboro reds in one day, your lungs will probably be rotten by the end of the last cig.
Not my point, i was talking about the trade that its in is harmful to people

but talking about what you wrote now, all smoke in your lungs is harmful some are just less harmful than others ie cannabis compared to tobacco

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521788/Uruguay-legalises-sale-production-cannabis.html

actually a historic day for the world... a forefront movement that will open the eyes to the rest of the world... as well of so many places decriminalizing it seems that sooner or later things will be very liberal for everyone :D
Many many places are legalizing or decriminalizing, we are far behind the science...probably coz many pot heads are to stoned to get off their couch and fight for their right

Fully Legal and/or Regulated (recreational use): 14 States of America, Cambodia, Colombia, India, Iran, Switzerland (part), Uruguay

Decriminalized possession: Australia, Argentina, Belgium, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Italy, Jamaica, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland

Decriminalized cultivation: Belgium, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Russia, Spain,

Medicinal: Canada, France, most of the US