Cannabis Reform UK - the tide is changing...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by miszt, Aug 15, 2014.

1. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

Norman Baker MP and Drugs Minister for the UK Parliament, has requested that Medicinal Cannabis be allowed under UK law...you can help to, if you are inclined, write to your MP to voice support!

Its time that our country caught up with the rest of the world, the UK and France are now the only countries in Europe where Cannabis is denied to people with serious and debilitating illness - its time for terminally ill cancer patients, people virtually paralysed by MS, arthritis and many other horrible conditions, to stop having their homes raided in the middle of the night because they are in a hopeless situation and only a plant in their cupboard can help them...

http://www.clear-uk.org/letter-to-your-mp-in-support-of-the-drugs-ministers-proposal/

hell you don't even have to write the letter yourself, just get the template from the link above, add your name then stick it in the post

you can find out who your MP is here... http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

(for younger members, you need to buy something called a Stamp at the post office (less than 50p), then put the envelope in those red boxes you see at the end of roads :p its kind of like a PM, but slower, and theres no auto-correct function when you write it)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

I always thought it was allowed in uk for medical reasons this is stupid. Im not a smoker but ive seen some articles about it proving it helps with various medical conditions as you mention... i can afford 10 mins of my time and a stamp ill get on it.

miszt likes this.
  3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

black metal commando. gas chamber. satanic tyrant werewolf. legion. waffen.

4. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

no one actually cares about cannabis anymore.

police pull me ova. car always pongs. never a word said.

its like aids. no-one cares.

Borf™ likes this.
  5. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

What a line.

Catsel likes this.
  6. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

tell that to the terminal cancer patients who get raided in the middle of the night, or the people dying in hospices who are refused cannabis and instead forced to take Heroin (diamorphine).

this isn't about recreational use, this about the suffering of hundreds of thousands of people in this country

ManuForti likes this.
  7. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

philanthropism + dickhead = win (in my case mizt not you....)))))))

8. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I am not sure about the U.K. but in the U.S. it helps to flat out say pot should be legal for everybody. Many see the medical side of the argument as a farce just to get the recreational drug legal and for a small or large part it is true. We are adults and can make our own decisions and doctors can certainly make a more informed decision than you or me. Something along those lines seems to be more credible here. However, small steps do seem to sometimes work better. Well fuck, I am contradicting myself and it is just a suggestion. I am sure in some way applicable to a different culture.

hey castle which is more funny, aids or cancer?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  9. Catsel

they shud just find a guy

jungle_fever likes this.
  10. logikz

you know, somewhere along the way, a guy will appear in the conversation. it is inevitable. if you want gear, youll have to find a guy. and lo and behold if the guy isnt the government (military/police) and has been all along in terms of best quality highest potency. g-13 for example, thats a military strain, and widely regarded as the best.

11. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Agreed Krul, only seen it in one place in your fair city, Der Kroop down one of the alleys along Damrak. Isnt that the supposed Mr Nice Strain? My opinion - RAD!

Also what IV4 said first, should be for everyone at their own discretion.

But thats one hell of a thing not having it as a medicine, when we use opiates like they going out of fashion for the same purposes. Big Pharm always gonna choose the one that hooks you in. Lets all go Florida and Ride the Oxycotin Express!!!

miszt likes this.
  12. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

IV4 - Cannabis has been legal in many parts of the US for medicinal purposes for over 20 years, its not a new thing - the legalisation for recreational use is a new thing, and only happened because the medicinal use proved that the lies told about its dangers where nonsense (and the other side effects where blown massively out of proportion with reality)

When you need medicinal cannabis, you don't need "a guy", you need a specific strain grown in very carefully controlled conditioned, with the specific cannabinoids which will help you - some guys weed off the street isn't going to cut it, it is not medicine.

13. logikz

bollocks, plenty of common strains are medicinal, jack herer, as well as regular old white widow, for example, is a medicinal strain that you can not only buy the seeds for in the seedbank but you can easily find in coffeshops, and related is that i got some off a guy in sweden as a kid. they also have it on the streets of copenhagen.

or what, perhaps the netherlands is a little too different for it to be a viable reference.

14. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

yes of course, but White Widow is not a suitable medicine for everyone, for a start it has virtually no CBD, so it is useless for inflammation, for eg, its very high in THC, which is great for pain, but terrible for Anxiety, and has a higher side-effect profile than White Russian, which has high THC and high CBD, the list of strains and cannabinoid ratios is huge (400 known cannabinoids, including THC), and they all help different conditions in different ways.

but that really doesn't apply to the UK market at all, even the few lucky ones of us that know growers cannot guarantee the cannabinoid content of known strains, because the growing methods are not consistent

15. logikz

intresting!

16. Catsel

ganja nerd thread

17. logikz

cannabis is for gays and women anyway. what the fk i have been on noisey now for 4 hours, that site is like crack in text format, i guess i have to accept that i enjoy reading slightly clever but mainly self indulgent blah blah about some music i never really heard.

Moskit likes this.
  18. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

That is pretty much what i came in here to post.

Weed is for buttfucking queers & people who cry alot for various reasons.

logikz likes this.
  19. logikz

fuck yeah andrew. killing it today!!

why is there no sexual abuse in mortal kombat? its got literally every form of abuse, dont see why it would leave that out (is it true the sims has that? fucking weird game that)
    if you could have your own mortal kombat finish move, what would it be?

20. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

***BEASTIALITY***

where the winning fighter pulls out a mythical creature and fucks it, thus grossing out their opponent to a vomit induced death.

Moskit likes this.