Cannabis re-classified to class B

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by lokki, May 8, 2008.

1. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

:shake:

I love the people running this country.. such a bunch of fucking idiots. Making weed more illegal will stop kids smoking it?? yeah right!

Even their own advisors advised them against it.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91211-1315223,00.html?f=rss

Im not a big free the weed activist or anything but i know about common sense. Screwing people's lives up and giving criminal records for a bit of smoke is just ridiculous.

2. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

it is a bit. but it's stil illegal at the end of the day. it's workin on a 3 strikes and you're out system though. so if you get caught 3 times, you gotta be some sort of plank.

3. boobjunkie

boobjunkie Active Member

I quote -

Anita Wilson, 51, believes her family life has been destroyed because of the affects of her ex-partner smoking cannabis.

Anita thinks that cannabis should be reclassified
    As a result she would like cannabis to be reclassified as a class A drug, but if that cannot happen she supports the reclassification to a class B.
    Anita's ex-partner started smoking cannabis at the age of 14. He continued to smoke it regularly, until in his late 30s he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He then continued to use cannabis to try to help block out his illness.
    "He was smoking eight or nine ounces a week to the point where he had gone beyond using his cannabis to self medicate," said Anita.
    "His dependency on the cannabis grew as his body became more and more resilient to it."

8 or 9 ounces a week?? no wonder he went fackin mad! couldn't agree more geez this is bullshit its not gonna solve anything

4. safety

safety double safety

it won't make me feel any more guilty for smoking it

5. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

anybody that can smoke 8 or 9 ounces a week, deserves a fuckign medal. jesus.

6. Prospekt

Prospekt Active Member

true. even if it is a medal for the loopiest guy in the mental hospital. :lol:

7. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Well you're not 15, unlike some of the muchtooyoungtobesmokingordrinking brigade here.

Really, I didn't even drink whiskey and vodka until I was 18. Sex and talking shite is much better.

8. Dj-Pezzz

Dj-Pezzz HangOutWithYourWangOut

another stupid idea that the government thought up to try and convince the people of this country that they are in control over drug situation.... when its clear as daylght that they arent.

fair play to the 9 ounces a week guy....surely his bank account must have been worse that his state of mind!

9. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

Arggghh!

People like that do my head in. Just because you couldnt control your stupid husband you stupid fucking idiot you want to spoil it for everyone else who actually have self control. Yeah smoking 8 ounces a week will fuck you up.. you stupid cunt. You deserve to be fucked up and die. thats just natural selection... Darwin's theory of evolution in action.

Really.. i mean i might smoke the odd bit now and then.. i try not to mainly cos i dont like fucking my lungs up..its not a moral desicion. I am one of the majority of smokers who can enjoy it in moderation and still live a normal life.. these wankers that go over the top are just animals.

what an idiot. If it wasnt cannabis it would be something esle... alcohol, crack..fucking petrol... who knows! He sounds so stupid he'd probably start smoking dried bleach!

10. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

So the blokes smoking 9 Ounces a week? Nice one :shake:

So if you get 28 grams to an ounce and say he put a gram in a spliff???. 28 spliffs to an ounce
    28 spliffs
    x 7 Days
    = 196 spliffs a week.

you got another 2 ounces left. so split that 56 grams between 7 days. another 8 grams a day.

The blokes smoking an ounce and just over a quarter a day.

the mans smoking enough spliffs for one every hour of the day.

Bloke must of been a dick to think thats a good idea?

Dunno what shes on about aswell Class A! Shes havin a laugh, That geezer was a extreme case of smoking toooooo much weed. fucking stupid idea that is.

11. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

over here there actually taking steps to de-criminalize it. Its already legal for medical use in Cali....and when i say medical use i mean pretty much anyone can get a doctors note for it. Then its off to the shops....or if that wasnt your thing...your allowed to have up to 50 plants per member of household

12. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Clearly she got her weights and measures wrong, there's just no way somebody could smoke 8 ounces of weed a week, she probably meant 8 1/8's a week...

Unusual for somebody to develop scizophrenia in their late
    30's also, the condition is usually diagnosed in a person's late teens, early 20's...

And most people are sectioned and placed in a temporary resedential facility very soon after diagnosis, where you most certainly cannot smoke weed!

I've got a degree in Psychology, and have had 3 mates be diagnosed with Schizophrenia, so I know the area trust me!

All this leads me to think this story is a total fabrication - probably just put out there by some hardline right winger who hasn't bothered to do any research...

13. dizzzeejungle

dizzzeejungle Junglist Down Under..

In Perth they decriminalised it so you can have 28 grams or less (in one bag only), or 2 or less plants, and if you get caught they just confiscate it and give you a fine, no charges.

And i'v actually noticed there is now less of it around, and way more Class A's around........

I guess dealers know where the money is.............. 28grams of smelly bulky semi-valuable weed , or the cuttable, non smelling, easily conceiled Class A equivalent.....

14. duffer

I get fucked off with all news articles about the raiding of places growing weed! Why arent they out there raiding places for herion crack and other substances? seems weed is targetted way to much when other drugs cause so many more problems.

15. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

i dont disagree that weed is addictive, and i myself have a certain addiction to the sweet sweet green.
    i have tried many times to stop smoking it, and after coupla weeks i'll have just a drag, and i'll fall of the wagon again.So yeah, weed is bad. wanna ban it ? cool, go for it. And while youre at it lets ban everything thats bad for us. Alcohol, cigarettes, doner kebabs, Russel Brand, over 70 drivers, salaries under 15 grand and over 200 grand, £3 full english breakfasts, etc etc etc.

"Now hold on gordo, these things may be bad, but i have a right to make my own choices, no matter how wrong or harmful to me.."

I rest my case..

Jacqui Smith obviously thinks that her career needs a boost, and what better way to do that than to put pressure on a drug. Drug users dont vote, but anti drugs people do. And they'll all remember Jacqui. Just like they'll buy the constructed stories, about people smoking 9 ounches a week, and youths fuelled by spliffs killing goths and middle aged family men.
    Oh it is a terrible drug indeed. im glad our goverment is putting a stop to it. The streets are safe again. i think i'll take my 6 year old nephew and go for an evening walk in Moss side.

16. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

the drug hasnt been reclassified yet, yesterday was just an announcement that they r gonna do it

its not gonna change anything, and wot the fuck has a stoner ever dun to anyone?

17. duffer

i have always wanted them to do a experiment... if you had a cafe where u could go sit and have a drink(tea, coffee whatever) and a spliff ... or a pub where u can go get drunk you see which one causes more problems.

18. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

^^ Obviously Booze.

I saw a program before, and a drug expert (not a drugie, I mean like a scientist) reckoned if it was brought into society recently, it would be a class A.

Making it class B will make no difference. People will still smoke it. They'll waste more police time and money tackling it, give more people criminal records, which'll stop them getting jobs, rasising the unemployed rate. Also, the price will probably go up, because less people will wanna deal. People may think, "fuck it, I'll pay the bit extra and get coce instead, more of a buzz for not much more money" = more of an issue than weed being smoked.

Brown has fucked up our economy since being in power, and he's trying to hide that by changing everyone's focus on something minor, which is nowhere near as delicate as our current economical state. Hopefully weed smokers will unite, and vote labour the fuck out next elections. At least us workers may get to keep our money then, and not give so much to the unemployed who are too lazy to work, and the Immigrant's coming over here and not working.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but Brown has angered me, and it's my opinion, fucking live with it.

19. [Politrix]

[Politrix] Peace & fucking, believe!

mate i heard this on radio last night, fckin gutting news man. just imagine future generations of weed smokers all locked up 5 years haha

20. safety

safety double safety

can you believe they're gonna ban alcohol on public transport in london form june 1st? first fucking thing boris johnson has done since becoming mayor, soddin' tosspot.