cannabis law reform UK

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by rysk, Jul 17, 2011.

1. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

2. Kobi

Kobi Member

Things like this annoy me, anyone who believes online campaigns like this is going to change the minds of people who have in the past instantly sacked drug experts simply for admitting they aren't that dangerous is living on another planet

3. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

every little helps my friend, besides their main focus is to legalise cannabis for medical use. I believe that the law will eventually change...whether i'll be alive to see it, i don't know.

4. Acid_Alli

Acid_Alli aka The Executioner

Woot yet another drug reform group of which the government wont even pay at least the little bit of attention too, they have no intention of reforming any of the drug policy's they made that clear a while back, and if you think damn why wont the biggun's give the people what they want.... Well welcome to politics and what people have been arguing about since the dawn of man..

My advice - People stop campaigning for the legalization of cannabis, it'll only happen if a more less restrict party got into power..... Instead spend your time learning how smuggle and still even get away using any drug in a more increasing police state :2thumbs:

edit - Kobi summed it up...

5. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

That was pretty much the view in california pre 1996, but the campaigns worked, even before the internet was widely used, and is now legal for medicinal use. And was VERY nearly legal alltogether last year. It's progress mate, I personally don't mind toking illegally, it would be nice to be able to walk down the high street, middle of the day, spliff in hand, bong in the other, but i really believe that it is morally wrong to deprive the sick and dying of a substance that has so much medicinal value. I can only hope that the government will see this one day...or that the lib-dems get into power on their own and don't become the tories bitch-boys.

6. samgisking

samgisking Member

theres more chance of david cameron shining my shoes

7. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

we have one of these threads every 6 months at least I am pretty sure.

still nothing has changed. deal with it

8. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

that's the worrying thing, don't know wtf Clegg was thinking, I'd much rather have an incompitant labour government than any right-wing party

anyway, i understand why you guys seem to think that there's no point, but what's the point in giving up when progress is being made worldwide, things are going to take a while, but things will change.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  9. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

problem is. youd have to get britain out of the UN to make that possible.

so. it wont happen. basically.

10. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

USA is part of the UN is it not? Medical cannabis is legal in several states is it not?

11. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

not true at all, California (along with 14 other states), Portugal, Holland...there is a very long list of countries signed up to the UN treaty which have diffrent approaches, the UN directives allow for each country to create their own tools to reduce drug use and its harms, Prohibition is just a tool, it is not the absolute decree of the UN

besides which, it is already happening ;)

12. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Portugal is the best example of drug reform. Decriminalised ALL drugs in 2001, they were initially mocked, everyone thought it would become a new drug haven for tourists but no one I tell knows about it. Now HIV diagnoses in drug users has decreased by 71% and Heroin deaths have halved.

13. groelle

yeh ^^^ didnt know about portugal decriminalizing aswell. you can buy weed in shops there aswell then? may have to take a trip there then soon, haha :D

14. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

I dont think so.. because drugs arent legal, you just arent a criminal if you are caught with them. They define personal use as "10 days supply".

15. groelle

so they basically did what cartels and drugdealers wanted?

making their consumers get away with it and maintaining the illegal market .. GREAT, politicians, you really get the point ..

16. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

its a step in the right direction, first they need to know for sure that 'the people' can cope with it, one of the biggest cries from the prohibition camp is that there will be outrage at any suggestion of relaxing the drug laws, we know that is nonsense, but the Murdoch Empire has the current political world well and truely shitting it, anyways, the point, is that now Portugal has been able to show that its people can deal with it as responsible adults, the next step will be much easier

another good example, Spain, there are many cooperatives growing weed for members, as long as it is not promoted and not shared outside the cooperative, there is no issue, although there are currently some legal challanges going on, nothing much seems to be coming of them

17. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

But they have eliminated a lot if the deaths and illnesses associated with the drug taking.... seems like a reasonable start, given how much it can cost to help druggies with health problems

18. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

that and the police costs...you do a quick news search of "cannabis" in the UK and you will get a shitstorm of stories about police busting ganja farmers

19. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

wait its not legal where youre at? are you sure! they were probably talking about guns or sex or something else thats fun, cannabis is legal you know.