Can you?

It'd have to be a bootleg, cause I don't think there's much chance of getting hold of the stems.

Why don't you try it yourself?

what? no, its not, all you need is a laptop and a decent pair of headphones, and youre off!

you dont even have to spend money on software, literally everything you need is available as freeware online, so what youre gonna need is the following:

a) an audio editor
b) a sequencer (modplug, buzz, reaper, garageband are all more or less free, just depends on your prefernce)
c) vst effects (gersic.com has free literally everything, from reverbs, chorus, delays and distortion to the worlds first multiband compressor)
d) vst generators (synths, drummachines, samplers)
e) samples (widely available online, https://www.freesound.org/ for example, but there are also professional loop packages geared towards specific genres, but ive always been against them, as they make you feel like youre an awesome producer, but then one day youll notice that when you try to program your own loops from scratch, all of a sudden, your tune sounds like shit. but sample stuff from tapes and vinyl or record shit with a mic, resampling stuff, making music generates lots of samples)

and f) time, effort, patience, motivation, passion, talent, and if you dont have talent you can still make good music cos sticking with it and putting the hours in is going to yield results.

there are a bunch of threads on the subject, check the stickies up top for tips and tricks, tutorials, sample swap and how to bassline.

Yeah, I was going to say, I've used REAPER from the start and it's fine. No drum machines or keyboards in sight.

Only real downside is no stock synths + samplers, and that's not really an issue because most people get their own synth and sampler anyway.

Probably it will be somewhat a challenge, since (as said before) there will be no stems available. So you'll need to emulate some things that are happening on this song (bass, FX, etc.). Good luck with this, and if you have any problems, just ask here and we'll help ya.

Probably it will be somewhat a challenge, since (as said before) there will be no stems available. So you'll need to emulate some things that are happening on this song (bass, FX, etc.). Good luck with this, and if you have any problems, just ask here and we'll help ya.
pfft, bootlegging aint that complicated

Ive played with several programs, but I use Linux so it can get a little glitchy with most programs, and I dont have some like Fruity Loops or Pro Tools. But I have Audacity, Linux Media Tool, Hydrogen (drum machine), and Ardour. Those are all really good programs except they work better on other distros of Linux.

Ive chopped and screwed about 20 songs. I always wanted to make a dnb song so Im gona attempt Logikz advice and see how that goes. Thanks for all the rest of the replies too

Back
Top Bottom