Can you reverse cueing on Xone 92

hazdaman100

Bum 'n Face
VIP Junglist
Can anyone suggest a way that I could almost reverse cue a track.
By this I mean that instead of having the cue track in the headphones I want the "live" track in the headphones with the cue track playing quietly.
The only way you can hear both tracks in the headphones while cueing on an xone 92 to my knowledge is by having the "add mix" knob turned all the way clockwise, which will also play the cued track at full volume.
Obviously you are able to alter the gain on each channel, but wondered if there is a specific function to be able to do this.
Personally this would make it easier for me mixing tracks into quiet breakdowns as I do not have designated monitors at the moment with enough clarity to clearly distinguish. Speakers are currently on the floor which is a nightmare!

Press the post mix button.

That way you can have both tracks in the headphones, but you can eq one of them out (e.g. the tune your bringing in)

You could also select "pre" on either aux above the channel you want to cue (say aux 1) and set the aux volume to about half way, then if you select the same aux channel (aux 1) in the cue section it will only play the channel/s that are set to pre on that aux channel.
You can then independently alter the volume of each channel by adjusting the aux volume on that channel and this will change the volume you hear. So you could have channels 1 & 2 set to pre but have channel 1 at half the volume of channel 2 in your headphones.
Hope this helps!

You could also select "pre" on either aux above the channel you want to cue (say aux 1) and set the aux volume to about half way, then if you select the same aux channel (aux 1) in the cue section it will only play the channel/s that are set to pre on that aux channel.
You can then independently alter the volume of each channel by adjusting the aux volume on that channel and this will change the volume you hear. So you could have channels 1 & 2 set to pre but have channel 1 at half the volume of channel 2 in your headphones.
Hope this helps!

Will have to have a try at some point, sounds like a decent work around tho!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom