Can you recommend to me?

joelonsdale

Hi. I am looking for a DnB tune or two that:

a) features a real drummer performance (ie not a loop or programmed sample)
b) has enjoyed some commercial success (not UK Charts necessarily, but officially released and reasonably popular)

Can anyone point me in the right direction? it's for a university project, and I am a total DnB newbie!

[MENTION=100996]joelonsdale[/MENTION] try posting in the general section, you're more likely to have success over there. Purely out of interest thought, what's your project on?

Edit: Lizzy just nailed it for you

Pendulum - found a great track called Watercolour. Very commercial (much more commercial than I was expecting) but it's just what I am after. Does that sound okay to you all? I've got the right guy? I have to create a DnB remix for my masters degree and I am a country/folk/pop music producer so DnB has been alien territory to me since I partied to Brown Paper Bag in the last century.

Pendulums shit... :teeth:

Do you even London Electricity bodo?

Yeah, I do London Elektricity, mr. manu. But they sample their drums, don't they? (i don't even know if they are they)

--
Edit: By the way, I came to work today listening to Enduser. some great tunes he make. more breakcore than dnb, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:
if they sample their drums? good question. their samplepack would certainly indicate it. but they perform live with jungle drummer and sound pretty spot on.

on pendulums last album there is an in flams collaboration, i reckon those drums mightve been real.

if they sample their drums? good question. their samplepack would certainly indicate it. but they perform live with jungle drummer and sound pretty spot on.

on pendulums last album there is an in flams collaboration, i reckon those drums mightve been real.
They can sample their drums in studio, but use a live drummer for shows, right?

The Pendulums thing with In Flames, I believe it wans the whole In Flames playing, Carl. Probably just that main guy what is his name? Jasper something....

well me being me i dont think i even read the first comment i just seen pendulum and jamp in :D so on their main tracks id imagine they do manipulate it in some way but i use my own live drums (ok shutting doors for kicks and smashing objects against each other in front of a mic for snares may not count) and i cant play drums, arent they all manipulated in some way they go in a DAW... Ok im just arguing about nothing now ill shut up since i dont know pendulum or London leccys procedure of programming or anything at all tbh...

Oh i listened to more of that belial guys stuff and contacted him hes in likes :D [MENTION=18077]DARK[/MENTION] Lizardo

Im gonna inbox ya about life and such [MENTION=90]logikz[/MENTION] just wondering what you doing and how ya doing... you know

Oh i listened to more of that belial guys stuff and contacted him hes in likes :D [MENTION=18077]DARK[/MENTION] Lizardo

Im gonna inbox ya about life and such
Did he? Well, that's one more for the roster then?

[MENTION=90]logikz[/MENTION] just wondering what you doing and how ya doing... you know
Yeah, Carl. What you doin' ma black person?

absolutely ron.

aha, so it was just jesper? you sure? cos they have guitars and all in there, if im not mistaken, see, i didnt quite like it all that much, so i never listened much to that album.
and london electricity performed with jungle drummer the time i saw them live, which was i think 85489 years ago.

right, so bob macc. thats what this thread needs. the stuff he did with fanu basically, thats live drums recorded onto tape, and its dreamy.

Did he? Well, that's one more for the roster then?

I think so ill contact him and see what songs he has and get him in on Q2... Good thinking mate your helping me out a lot here apreciated.

absolutely ron.

aha, so it was just jesper? you sure? cos they have guitars and all in there, if im not mistaken, see, i didnt quite like it all that much, so i never listened much to that album.
and london electricity performed with jungle drummer the time i saw them live, which was i think 85489 years ago.

right, so bob macc. thats what this thread needs. the stuff he did with fanu basically, thats live drums recorded onto tape, and its dreamy.

Oh yeah Fanu like Manu but fannier? thats a joke i love his work and yes live drums ahoy sailor boy

absolutely ron.

remembered the name of the guy: Jasper Strömblad or something like that. he plays the guitar, Carl.

aha! aha-ha! but you forget anders! and didnt jesper quit since whoracle or jester race or something like that? i dont know, in flames only got good to me on reroute to remain, then took a bit of a dive with soundtrack to your escape, then up again with moment of clarity and after that i lost touch, they are such a productive band.

before that there is always Hårgalåten

aha! aha-ha! but you forget anders! and didnt jesper quit since whoracle or jester race or something like that? i dont know, in flames only got good to me on reroute to remain, then took a bit of a dive with soundtrack to your escape, then up again with moment of clarity and after that i lost touch, they are such a productive band.

before that there is always Hårgalåten
I don't know as I really don't listen to their music. Don't know why, but always thought they had kinda a competition with Children of Bodom for the nordic melodic death scene, and mr. Laiho and his troop has always been my favorite. the only time I've listened to Jasper on guitars was on the first Sinergy album (which I just know because Laiho played in it).

Children of bodo??? Over damn in flames?? If you can name something they did that is even remotely close in awesome to anything on the reroute album I will award you sir a bushel of figs of the most important quality imagined

Children of bodo??? Over damn in flames?? If you can name something they did that is even remotely close in awesome to anything on the reroute album I will award you sir a bushel of figs of the most important quality imagined
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFemG12cFfc[/video]

You can send it to Brazil, via Fedex. I'm pretty sure they deliver things in the middle of the jungle.

Back
Top Bottom