Can you help me?

Inwonderland said:
look, dont worry everyone: its classic dnb, classic jungle, old skool original ravey stuff (i.e. Altern8 type era), old skool hardcore.
Dont even care anymore. Maybe i'll get him a comb. For his shaved head.....
Ha ha :teeth:

well sorry "love" but the only reason i'm asking for advice is cos i dont really know how to fully categorise all music without sounding like a twat.

If im being too vague for you to suggest anything then just dont bother: i already said I dont profess to be very knowledgeable in this field. sigh.

Thanks all the same for any help you have given me though. But if i'm starting to annoy you dont keep coming back for more, its just daft.

Bit of a rant, sorry, I know its not the chatty section of the forum thingy.

Renegade - Dark Soldier (Dread)
Capone - Friday (Hardleaders)
Krust - Angles (V)
Dillinja - Acid Track (Pain / Valve)
Tribe of Issachar - His Imperial Majesty (Congo Natty)
Capone - Massive (Hardleaders)
Cybotron - Threshold (Prototype)
Brockie & Ed Solo - Turntable 1 (Undiluted)
DJ Die - Play it for me (V)

Here's a load of stuff that people always tell me they've not heard for ages when I play out. Hope it helps, some of it won't cost you a lot either.

There are some good albums as well that'll get you more bang for your buck, like

Various Artists - Speed of Sound LP (Ram)
Ray Keith - Vintage Dread (Dread)
Still Smoking (Ganja)
Dillinja - Cybotron LP (Valve / FFRR)
V Classic (V)
Planet V (V)

sidekickmc said:
'pulp fiction' by alex reece

i know its obvious but its a blinder

every1 loves it (???)

And well sought after an' all, I've seen copies sold for more than 40 quid. I'd be well chuffed if me bird bought me a copy of this.

Go to chemical records to purchase. Got widest back cat. Scour forums for old skool mixes with track listings, they'll let you know the big tunes of the time. Unless you are willing to buy a large amount of old school, I wouldnt look back further than 97 as the tunes were that much slower that your boyfriend will struggle to mix them.
Tunes I would want if I lost them, and wanted classics to drop in a mix or tease would probably include Titan-Ram trilogy, The nine-Bad Company, Drop it down-Calibre, Ready or not-Hype rmx, Clear Skyz-DJ Die, Bambaata-Shy FX, You're mine-Potential Badboy, The Odyssey-SBS and Drumsound. Depends what style your man is into. If he's strictly liquid or dark shizzle he wont rate many of these. They are guaranteed heavy reaction tunes and are all still available on 12" (45 rpm)

I have a copy which is obviously a bootleg cut, it's one-sided and is quite quiet, doesn't use the whole of the vinyl etc etc... I picked it up from ebay along with a few other oldskool bits, I only paid about £9 for it so I suppose it's not that bad at the end of the day.

I listened to it, la la la, it's in my collection should I ever need it / want to play it, I don't rate it that highly though (it's just one of those 'must have in your box' oldskool tracks). It's a good track, but it's not amazing. So don't worry dude, you're not the only one ;)

Indi said:
And well sought after an' all, I've seen copies sold for more than 40 quid. I'd be well chuffed if me bird bought me a copy of this.

Found 4 original copies of this in one weekend for £4 each, its a great tune although a bit slow by todays standards. It depends what sort of stuff you want but be careful you dont get ripped off, you can find most things pretty cheaply if you know where to look for them.

Check out http://www.classictrax.ltd.uk I've bought vinyl from them before and they're great! (if someone hasn't mentioned them already)

Also, whoever mentioned buying lots on ebay is right. Good way to grab a chunk of classics.

However, if you want to be sure that he's getting the tracks he'll like, buy him a gift certificate to a store he likes. OR... on my boyfriend's birthday I told him to grab his headphones and I just drove him to the store and let him go nuts :) He loved it! Maybe he'll return the favor for Christmas ;)

Serum said:
Renegade - Dark Soldier (Dread)
Capone - Friday (Hardleaders)
Krust - Angles (V)
Dillinja - Acid Track (Pain / Valve)
Tribe of Issachar - His Imperial Majesty (Congo Natty)
Capone - Massive (Hardleaders)
Cybotron - Threshold (Prototype)
Brockie & Ed Solo - Turntable 1 (Undiluted)
DJ Die - Play it for me (V)

Here's a load of stuff that people always tell me they've not heard for ages when I play out. Hope it helps, some of it won't cost you a lot either.

There are some good albums as well that'll get you more bang for your buck, like

Various Artists - Speed of Sound LP (Ram)
Ray Keith - Vintage Dread (Dread)
Still Smoking (Ganja)
Dillinja - Cybotron LP (Valve / FFRR)
V Classic (V)
Planet V (V)

that's a bit more like it - also try:

va - platinum breaks 2 (metalheadz)
dillinja - fluid (test)
bad company - inside the machine - (bcuk)

Back
Top Bottom