Can You Help Me I Need Facts!!!!

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by lokki, Nov 12, 2003.

1. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

its been a while since i posted here but i need some help.

I am looking to make website...(arrrrgh not another fuking dnb site!!)..no no, chill out. this ones different.

i am looking to make a kind of online book/magazine which i want to focus on the history and culture surrounding dnb.

I want to document its history in visual and textural detail to build up a extensive history of the scene.

I need your help in order to collect info, annecdotes and flyers etc from past events.

any info would be great , if you wanna just write about a tune you love or a club that is amazing etc or how you wet yourself when you first heard messiah etc , anything would be greatfully recieved.

i want to build up an over view of the scene how it effected main stream culture and how it continues to grow.

The idea is to use the site as an ongoing scrap book to document the scene.
    It will be very visual and i have to admit will be helping to promote myself as a designer but i do have a genuine passion for the music and want to do it justice which is why i need your help!

thanks!!!! seee ya at break neck !(how was the last one , i missed it! doh!, i bet bailey was good eh?)

2. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

oh yeah im looking to get some actual documentary films put on the site so if you wanna be famous contact me.

3. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

A few good books to try are Rough guide to Drum 'n' Bass (Penguin/Rough Guides) and a book called Energy Flash (Picador). In Energy Flash, there's a section about 6 or 7 pages long titled 'War in the Jungle' which tells or the beginings of jungle and the culture around it. But the best thing to do is to talk to anyone from around that time who was in deep with it. Knowledge Mag is a good place to try as well as they might be able to give you some contacts

4. skope

skope promoti0nal.douchbag

All Crew Muss Big Up
    Journeys Through Jungle Drum & Bass Culture
    by Brian Belle-Fortune (a.k.a. DJ ZYo_ON)

184 pages, over 100 photos and illustrations, paperback only.

its supposed to be a really good book, came out a couple of years ago. well worth a look i reckon

5. 1992

1992 Novantadue

I tried to order that book from Amazon.com but it never came.