Can you guys recommend some new DNB records

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Its been a while since I asked this and a while since I paid attention to DnB records so I think its time to take a poll like this again.

"What new DnB tunes with a 1992 vibe are out now which I should look into purchasing?"

I ask because I wish to get that Syntax "Coming for You EP" at BBS this week but I want to get at least 2 other records to save on shipping and such. I also know about that 31 Records "King of the rollers vol.1" but they might not have that.

Over the past week I heard a killer DNB track played on a carnival concession stand (I also heard Finest Illusion played on a ride but thats another story). It had those high end mentasm riffs and that Praga Khan & Jade 4 U "Whoop whoop whoop whoop" sample going nuts till an amen kicked in. It sounded new but when I asked the concession dude what the track was he showed me a Scott Henry CD which didn't have any mention of well known DNB artists on the back cover (so he didn't know what he was talking about probably). The point is that I know there must be alot of 1992 styled tracks that I missed (like this one) which I'd love to know about. :2thumbs:

Danke in advance.

Kings of the Rollers Vol. 1 or 3? 3 is the one with Pendulum's Vault, but I dunno what you mean by "1992 vibe". No offense, but this isn't 1992, this is 2003. The sound is going to be different.

You are going to have a pretty hard time finding an even remotely decent collection of records that have a "1992 vibe".

1992 said:
Its been a while since I asked this and a while since I paid attention to DnB records so I think its time to take a poll like this again.

"What new DnB tunes with a 1992 vibe are out now which I should look into purchasing?"
Dom & Calyx - Pneaumatix :razz:

I said Volume 1. It has the NHS remix which is loaded with a happy piano.

Here's a few:

I know you and Stratus aren't best friends, but he's got a good 4 on the floor number on "Research and Developement EP" on Sonix called "Jungle Terror". You might like one of the other tracks, too.

Metalheadz Remix EP was pretty good, remix of "Ghost Rider" and "Terminator" on there.

Klute "Lie, Cheat, and Steal vol. I" has a nice number called "Jamm the Boxx", and vol. II has one called "Take a Breath" that might suit you, maybe too much Amen on that one though.

The High Contrast Remix of "Renegade Snares" is nice.

I'll post more when I can think of some.

freeagent said:
Here's a few:

I know you and Stratus aren't best friends, but he's got a good 4 on the floor number on "Research and Developement EP" on Sonix called "Jungle Terror". You might like one of the other tracks, too.

Metalheadz Remix EP was pretty good, remix of "Ghost Rider" and "Terminator" on there.

Klute "Lie, Cheat, and Steal vol. I" has a nice number called "Jamm the Boxx", and vol. II has one called "Take a Breath" that might suit you, maybe too much Amen on that one though.

The High Contrast Remix of "Renegade Snares" is nice.

I'll post more when I can think of some.

Thanks! I think those other guys were horsing around & pulling my leg (Dillinja and Calyx... ugh). The Ghost Rider thing sounds neat.

1992 said:
Thanks! I think those other guys were horsing around & pulling my leg (Dillinja and Calyx... ugh). The Ghost Rider thing sounds neat.
:miss_rep:

Ahh, come on Stu. You more then anyone else should know what tunes have been coming out with that 92 vibe that I like so much.

Pretty please?

sayber said:
Digital - 20/20
Stakka & Skynet - Clockwork E.

Is that the one with that real heavy 1992 styled tune with all the stabs and 2-step beats..... argh..... I can't remember the name of it. It was out on "dub" about the same time as Dylan's "Ghetto Dub" but it took so long to come out that I lost interest. It was a nice tune......but I can't remember the name of it. I'm not so sure it was on Clockwork EP but it was by Stakka & Skynet because I vaguly remember dissing that Clockwork EP for some reason..?

Back
Top Bottom